PLEASE HELP. 911 URGENT in NH - Diabetic Cat

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
RenaRF

PLEASE HELP. 911 URGENT in NH - Diabetic Cat

Post by RenaRF »

Here's the situation with this cat. He is being "fostered" - by whom and whether there is another legitimate rescue involved, I don't know. The foster reached out to another nonprofit, Diabetic Cats in Need, for assistance trying to find another foster or adopter when it was determined that Jefferson is diabetic. DCIN offered to help by trying to find him placement AND by providing ALL DIABETIC SUPPLIES and training to the foster.

One month later - the foster is NOT treating Jefferson. The picture below on the LEFT was Jefferson one month ago. The picture on the RIGHT is Jefferson today. He is deteriorating from a simple lack of care.

Jefferson is a 7 year old neutered male who is UTD on shots and combo negative for FIV/FeLV. he is SWEET - a total lap cat. He seems to get along with the household cats and dog. He deserves WAY BETTER than this.

Diabetic experience is NOT required, but a willingness to learn and treat (and trust me - it's REALLY not that difficult to home test and treat - Jefferson already comes with testing supplies and insulin!!!) is. Diabetic Cats in Need can and will help you learn quickly. I have a diabetic cat and it is NOT hard. This cat is going to die - slowly and badly - where he is. Because of his condition, he needs to be kept fairly local to NH / New England area.

PLEASE HELP. You can contact me at renarf@comcast.net, or Venita at venita@dcin.info

critters
Founding Member

Re: PLEASE HELP. 911 URGENT in NH - Diabetic Cat

Post by critters »

Crossposting... Yes, he's certainly falling apart. :x :cry: