Onslow County, NC: Injured 40 lb cute mixed breed girl

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Onslow County, NC: Injured 40 lb cute mixed breed girl

Post by Christine »

Someone has donated a wheelchair for this little one, but she is running out of time. She needs further evaluation by a vet to see if she can use it. I am sure she is only receiving perfunctory care. The shelter is leaning toward releasing her only to a rescue to assure that she gets the proper care, but I personally feel that if a person experienced with a pet like this could speak with them about her, it is worth a try. The thought of this sweet baby being put down after what she has gone through is just heartbreaking.
This girl is out of time! The adoption fee is $55 through the end of the month but it is possible that they might only charge for the rabies ($10).

Thanks,

Leslie

Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:11 AM
Subject: Jacksonville, NC: l cute mixed breed ID #A070017 - hit by car previously- needs rescue!
Importance: High

Hi all-

This girl desperately needs your help! She was hit by a car some time ago (xray disk at shelter) and then rescued in FL. Her previous owner started therapy but couldn’t afford to keep it going. She is now at the Onslow county shelter L Please see more below:

· Housebroken, good with children, good with dogs, good with cats, rescued from FL, hit by car, xray of hip & back legs at shelter. A070017 2 year old Mix, up to date on Rabies
The shelter is rescue friendly and for rescues the fee is $105 but includes spay/neuter, Heartworm test (upon request), DHLPP and Bordetella vaccinations! Rabies vaccination is only $10.

For individuals, it is a slightly higher fee of $140 but includes a spay/neuter voucher, rabies vaccination DHLPP and Bordetella vaccinations (Heartworm test upon request). Pulling and transport help is possible! Please cross post!

Contact Info:
Animal Services
244 Georgetown Road
Jacksonville, NC 28540
PH: 910-455-0182
FX: 910-989-2134
Alan_Davis@onslowcountync.gov

Amanda_Winter@onslowcountync.gov

Leslie Armstrong- Leslie.Armstrong@ppdi.com

910-352-5150
Attachments
Roxy 2.jpg
Roxy 1.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Onslow County, NC: Injured Small cute mixed breed girl

Post by Bobbie »

That does not look like a small dog.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
Jean

Re: Onslow County, NC: Injured Small cute mixed breed girl

Post by Jean »

That is what I was thinking. Is she some kind of hunting dog?
Christine

Re: Onslow County, NC: Injured 40 lb cute mixed breed girl

Post by Christine »

You know, girls...I posted this in a hurry and all of their email describe her as small. I thought the same as you when I saw the first picture with the long legs and then the second picture just stuck in my mind. In that one she looks like a JRT. I removed the "small" in the description and changed it to 40 lbs as they say that is her weight. She does look like she has a tiny bit of coonhound in her, but they don't specify.

Her name is Roxy, by the way.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: Onslow County, NC: Injured 40 lb cute mixed breed girl

Post by Christine »

Roxy has been rescued!!! :yay:
Hi all-

Another rescue group pulled this girl today- sorry for just now getting a chance to let you all know. I found out during the afternoon while at work. Friends of Manchester out of NH pulled her and she is having surgery tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers for no complications. The vet says her outcome looks promising.

Thanks to all!

Leslie Armstrong
?/1999 - 10/25/08