Deaf/Blind Aussie needs a home! NC

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Cicada

Deaf/Blind Aussie needs a home! NC

Post by Cicada »

I don't know how urgent he is, but it sounds like he's currently in a kill shelter and in danger.

http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/9623410-gr ... epherd-mix

Breed: Australian Shepherd Mix Color: Merle Age: Adult
Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg) Sex: Male ID#: A20453250

I am already neutered, a special needs pet, in need of an experienced adopter, and up to date with shots.

Midnight's Story...
Midnight was left at the shelter in mid July by his owner who no longer wanted to care for him. So, now at 3 years old, this sweet boy is homeless. Midnight is a calm fellow who likes to be picked up and be near people, as he is both blind and deaf. He relies heavily (and efficiently) on his super keen sense of smell. He can adjust to a home quickly and get confidence to show his personality. He is now cleanly shaven from matted fur and he is neutered, microchipped and vaccinated. He is ready to join you in your home! Come meet this extraordinary dog!

Shelter: Guilford County Shelter's Friends -A Volunteer Effort
Pet ID #: A20453250
Phone: (336) 297-5020
Let 'em know you saw "Midnight" on Adopt-a-Pet.com!

E-mail: Please call this shelter!
(They don't list their email address here)
Address: 4525 West Wendover Avenue
Greensboro, NC
Cicada

Re: Deaf/Blind Aussie needs a home! NC

Post by Cicada »

I bet he'd be fantastic at the sport of nosework!
108363007.jpg
108361414.jpg
CarolC

Re: Deaf/Blind Aussie needs a home! NC

Post by CarolC »

I sent an email to someone who runs a group for special needs aussies, to see if it could be crossposted.

:welcome: