Carpathian Shephard

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Congerandrea

Saved! Carpathian Shephard

Post by Congerandrea »

Shep, a young, Carpathian Sheepdog needs a forever home. He is about one year old. We rescued him from Romania two month ago. We have all health papers, customs, passport etc. Shep was found in a village, beaten, and a kind soul took him to Bucharest to a clinic. There he endured surgery, month long therapy and today, Shep can not only walk, but run. His rear legs are weak but he is a trooper. Because of his injuries, he is incontinent. Shep is an outside dog. His breed is used for police dogs and herding, originates from the Carpathian Mountains, in Eastern Europe. Shep is about 80 pounds, playful (a bit rough, but kind), jumps, runs and good on a leash. He is extremely intelligent and trainable. He is an a regular diet, no medications.
Reason for adoption - my home has several toy breed dogs with disabilities and a house potbelly pig. Unfortunately, Shep's jumping, running has caused many close calls for other injuries. We rescued him wanting to save him, but we never thought about mixing a large dog with small ones who are not able to walk fast. The pig is terrified and refusing to go outside. Shep chases chickens. He would do best in a large fenced in area, with a large igloo or a dog house with blankets. He would be great with another large dog. I would worry about small children, because of his size - knocking them over. We are in Grantham NH
Attachments
IMG_8741.JPG
CarolC

Re: Carpathian Shephard

Post by CarolC »

Hi Congerandrea,

What a pretty dog. I noticed you put the green checkmark on the post, did you already find a rescue for him?

:welcome:
Congerandrea

Post by Congerandrea »

No, we haven't although, we are checking out a place hopefully today. :-)) :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

If it doesn't work out, post back and I'll cross post him.
Congerandrea

Post by Congerandrea »

Thank you! :-))