Urgent! Only has till 9am Tues! Hind leg ataxia

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
MissWhiskers

Saved! Urgent! Only has till 9am Tues! Hind leg ataxia

Post by MissWhiskers »

***LAST CALL - MEDICAL PLEA!!! This cat can be euthanized by vet services at any time without further warning, even before the rescue deadline! MUST have a commitment by 9AM Tuesday 1/10. If you can help, send an email immediately to RescuePets@HillsboroughCounty.org.

Darlene
8 month old Female

Email from the shelter:

This is a juvenile medium haired cat with hind limb ataxia of unknown etiology. She is FeLV/FIV negative. We suspect that the underlying problem is trauma, but radiographs are generally unremarkable. She may improve in time, worsen, or stay the same. Prognosis is unknown. We will spay with a rescue commitment. Needs rescue commitment by 9 a.m. on Tuesday, 01/10.

HOW TO SAVE: If you can responsibly adopt, adopt-to-rehome, or are a current rescue partner, you MUST email RescuePets@HillsboroughCounty.org BEFORE 9AM with the words DO NOT EUTH and the Animal ID# in the subject line (serious commitments only). Email MUST include your name, contact information, and what time you can pick up the cat tomorrow. DO NOT email unless you are personally picking up the cat! The shelter will not hold cats for out of state adopters, so don't email and ask. MUST BE PICKED UP TOMORROW IF READY!! Please also send a copy of your email to UrgentCatsofTampaBay@gmail.com so we know who is still in danger.

Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center
440 N Falkenburg Rd
Tampa, FL 33619
(813) 744-5660

Open 7 days a week 10am-7pm
(Phones answered M-F 8am-5pm only)

***LAST CALL - MEDICAL PLEA!!

Darlene
8 month old Female

Email from the shelter:

440 N Falkenburg Rd
Tampa, FL 33619
(813) 744-5660

Open 7 days a week 10am-7pm
(Phones answered M-F 8am-5pm only)
critters
Founding Member

Re: Urgent! Only has till 9am Tues! Hind leg ataxia

Post by critters »

Did you post this baby to some of the Facebook groups? I hope somebody took this baby!!
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

I actually got it from one of those pages. I'm trying to get the status - though sometimes I'm so afraid to find out....
But for future reference, is there a page or two that you could recommend?

Thanks,
Karen
Last edited by MissWhiskers on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

[quote="MissWhiskers"]I actually got it from one of those pages. I'm trying to get the status - though sometimes I'm so afraid to find out....
But for future reference, is there a page or two that you could recommend?

Thanks,
Karen
Last edited by MissWhiskers on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

It appears her name was changed to Sally and she was rescued by a group named max & me.
:thankyou:

Karen

I have tried to check this off, but for the life of me haven't been able to!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Great! :thankyou:
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Thanks for helping me check this off :wink: