URGENT Cali - paralyzed calico PLEASE CROSS POST - Los Angeles area

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
FYI

Cat URGENT Cali - paralyzed calico PLEASE CROSS POST - Los Angeles area

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/cali-65369826/ca/pico-rivera/angels-with-me-rescue-ca2867/ wrote: CALI
Calico & Domestic Short Hair Mix Pico Rivera, CA

Adult Female Medium Black, Calico, White

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Loyal, Playful, Smart, Gentle, Curious, Independent, Couch potato, Loves kisses, Quiet, Funny

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other cats.

Meet CALI
I'm Cali. I'm a 12-year-old female calico. I was abandoned at an animal hospital by my owner's family member after my owner passed away of covid. Unfortunately, they can no longer keep me and want to take me to the shelter, which is a death sentence for me. I am paralyzed from the waist down, and I also have hyperthyroidism, which is controlled by Methimazole medication that I take twice a day. (Cost for Methimazole is $15 a month.) I would also appreciate it if you could express my bladder three times a day since I can't do it by myself.

I act just like a normal cat. I sleep fine, and when I'm petted, I'm a purr machine. I do spend most of my day laying around or sleeping. So I won't be no trouble at all.

Cali urgently needs to find a foster or an adopter that will give her a loving home for the remainder of her life, or she will be taken to the shelter. The shelter will immediately euthanize her without hesitation.

angelswmrescue@gmail.com
critters
Founding Member

Re: URGENT Cali - paralyzed calico PLEASE CROSS POST - Los Angeles area

Post by critters »

Poor little girl. :( I hope they're trying places like Best Friends to take her.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

The Petfinder ad is removed, so fingers crossed. The email on the ad was Angels With Me Rescue, so someone was actively working on her behalf. https://angelswithme.org/
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I hope so...