missing transport--endangered dogs

For the transportation arrangements for rescues and adoptions. Please post here if you need a transport or if you are available to transport.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
critters
Founding Member

missing transport--endangered dogs

Post by critters »

Please cross post widely - and to anyone you know in the states she was/maybe driving in.
Persons to Contact if you spot the missing transport: detor6@sbcglobal.net and criticalpetsrescue@gmail.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EMERGENCY!!! - TRANSPORT IS MISSING IN CT.
Posted by: "Katie Walter" katiewalter@kconline.com katieblueeyes53
Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:20 am (PDT)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:1! 5:26

EMERGENCY!!! - TRANSPORT MISSING IN CT.

CONNECTICUT MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!!! EMERGENCY!!!! TRANSPORT MISSING IN CT. PLEASE CROSS POST THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND SEND THIS EMERGENCY OUT TO ALL RESCUES AND PEOPLE YOU KNOW IN THE AREA ..

OCT. 24TH

Transport of dogs from Ky to NH rescue is unable to be located. Transporter has dogs, will not respond to phone calls, last contact 8 hours ago. White pickup with white horse trailer Arkansas plates. She spoke with rescue at 5:00 am EST said she was in Hartford CT.

OCT 25TH

The transport is still missigng, as of now I know at least one dog is dead, some were sick. Transporter is Tanya Kuny Wolverton Mountain Transport. She apparently had a fall out with the rescue coordinator after it was discovered that one was dead. There are two private transports from Kill shelters as well a! s 10 + going to rescue.

She has address in Clinton, AK and Culpepper, VA

Driving Black Dodge Ram extended cab pick up pulling white horse trailer with Arkansas plates.

These dogs are in SERIOUS danger. We are attempting to involve the police but it takes time.

Any help appreciated!
detor6@sbcglobal.net (at sbcglobal.net)

http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=161877

Anita

Dogs Deserve Better
Rep for Pompano Beach, Broward County, FL
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/home.html
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: missing transport--endangered dogs

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

This type of situation is very rare. It is, however, the kiss of death to thousands of dogs whose lives depend on 'dependable' transport.
Katie Walter's reputation is such that she is the premiere internet rescuer. If she says this is a situation, I believe her.
Others veracity must be questioned in every case, but Katie's reputation is excellent and above anything the rest of us are able to accomplish.

If you are in the areas listed in the run, check with your local medias, print ads, shelters.

I will say over and over again. Every transporter MUST be listed with their railroads. Their vehicle, their license plates, their home address and telephone number. Anyone who accepts a driver without these CVs is foolish or desparate.

To not be able to trust a driver is the worst sin to be committed. Period.

Keep your eyes open, and ALWAYS insist on CVs for all of your drivers. ALSO your p/u and d/o must ALL independently check in with the coordinator! Always. Non-negotiable.

When you don't know the players, BE VERY CAREFUL about cross-posting something like this.

I have been lied to and misled about fellow rescuers many times. I have crossed BAD information ONE time. That's all it took, one time, I was lied to by people I trusted. I was contacted by the vilified rescuer and had to not only take back my cross, apologize, but spend weeks trying to clear her name because of my role in the blacklisting.
Rescue can be extremely personal, non-professional, and filled with inaccuracies. It is cut-throat, and we need to stay out of ALL situations wherein we do not have personal information.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
critters
Founding Member

Re: missing transport--endangered dogs

Post by critters »

The puppers have been found in a kennel.