HAPPY ENDING NEEDED: Georgia in GA

For the transportation arrangements for rescues and adoptions. Please post here if you need a transport or if you are available to transport.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
LisainCAN

HAPPY ENDING NEEDED: Georgia in GA

Post by LisainCAN »

Please see this thread:
http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=162330

Georgia is set to be spayed on Tuesday at the Winterville Clinic. She is a death-row dog in Athens, GA. She has a leg injury and is underweight.

On THURSDAY, Nov. 13, if all goes well, I need someone to bring her from Athens, GA to Atlanta, GA (Delta Pets First Cargo).

If course, any volunteer pilots who would like to bring her from GA all the way to VT would be the answer to my prayers.

I am committed (and maybe should be LOL) but I really want to help her. My son and I could really use a happy ending after all of the loss we have endured. I have met some of the most wonderful and truly caring people through all this and I needed a light in the face of the darkness that descended on my life two years ago when my son's father was involved in a serious car accident and left with severe brain damage (he is in a residence and will never come home).

Please pray that it will work out with Georgia (AND that I can find the funds to do all this!)

Lisa.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: HAPPY ENDING NEEDED: Georgia in GA

Post by Bobbie »

Have you contacted Athens, GA rescues to see if someone will help?
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

I contacted every rescue under the sun when I first saw this dog online. Only one bothered to answer and it was a message saying they try to help as many dogs as they can but there were so many desperate cases that they could not help me. When I wrote in Petfinder, a wonderful woman answered and she is actually taking responsibility for the adoption for me. That is TRUST! The only snag is that she cannot drive the 1.5 hr. from Athens to Atlanta and there are no cargo flights from Athens to Atlanta. I need one more miracle person to help get this girl home to me. I know I already found one but you never know ...
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

Maybe write back to the rescues and ask if someone can just take the dog to the airport. That's a lot easier than asking them to do the adoption and maybe you will have more luck. Or put an ad in the local (Athens) paper or on the Athens Craigslist asking for help.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Someone from this board :angel: contacted me and I hope we can work it out! I trust this person beyond a shadow of a doubt and I could not place Georgia the dog in better hands.