Priscilla

For the transportation arrangements for rescues and adoptions. Please post here if you need a transport or if you are available to transport.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
MissWhiskers

Priscilla

Post by MissWhiskers »

I am very close to being told that I can adopt Priscilla, a special needs cat in GA. I live in Reston, VA - a suburb of Washington DC. Can anyone tell me the first step in arranging transport?

Thank you,
Karen
Christine

Re: Priscilla

Post by Christine »

Hey Karen,

Looks like this is the first step...compiling this information for the transport group:

1) description of animal
2) demeanor of animal
3) all vet records
4) destination info
5) crate info
6) age of animal
7) health issues of animal
present location of animal
9) name of animal

Once this is all documented, I would contact Karen about getting a route set up.

If it comes near me, I will definitely sign up for a leg. I still think you should just come and get her yourself and bunk at our place!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

I hope this is not a dumb question, but, do I get all that info together, like in an email and then send that to her?
Right now I have most of that info and hoped I could get started on finding out how this works. Mostly I would need to get the Vet records, demeanor description, age, health issues - all from Andy - which should be no problem. I do have one other question, re: Crate Info. And that is who provides the crate? Can someone let me use one and I return it? I have lots of cat carriers and a couple of crates, but they are here in VA and the cat is in GA!? How does that usually work?

Thank you,

Karen

Christine, how far do you live from where the cat is? I would love to come meet you but there are 2 main problems. One; I don't think I have any time off available from my work, and Two; I don't have a car!! Minor details! Right?! Actually I am supposed to be getting a car soon, from a family member. I do not know exactly when though.
Christine

Post by Christine »

First of all, let me say that I am directionally challenged. I don't do maps, I do step by step directions written down to the inth degree. That being said, I went to Mapquest and found that I am 77 miles from Elberton, GA in the opposite direction of the route to Reston, VA. (refer to my first statement...I might still be in the running and just not know it!)

Elberton, GA to Reston, VA is 575.48 miles. Here is the page with that information:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Elberto ... 14&2v=CITY

As far as the crate goes, I am guessing that since Andy is a vet, he might have an extra to either give or lend.

My suggestion would be to get all the information listed, put it in an email to Karen and ask her what the next steps
should be.

P.S. That "no car" will definitely throw a monkey wrench into our slumber party!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Well I will be getting a car soon! But I don't know how long Priscilla will wait for me - someone else might take her!! Then there's the problem of time off from work. But, Gee. I hate to miss a slumber party!!
I wonder, Can one travel with a cat on a train?
Anyway I will contact Andy for all the info that needs to come from him, I wonder if I have to have the vet records when I message Karen?
getting too tired for now,
Thanks for everything Christine!

Karen
Christine

Post by Christine »

I believe that their requirement is that the vet records travel with the animal. I know the airline required them for Georgia's flight to Canada. If they need them prior to setting things up, he could scan them and email the document to you - Karen will let you know on that.

I'd bet that if Andy knew you were taking her for sure and that transport plans were formally being made, he would keep her for you. He might even have some transport possibilites from his end
?/1999 - 10/25/08