Transport & rescue railroads ~ a Quick Primer

For the transportation arrangements for rescues and adoptions. Please post here if you need a transport or if you are available to transport.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Transport & rescue railroads ~ a Quick Primer

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

There are so many railroads, the ones I belong to are all yahoogroups. When we get a request, I can cross post as well as the requestor. The requestor will have to join the group, but it's helpful to be a member.
I do the I-95 corridor - Savannah GA to Walterboro SC (and am flexible). I use the railroads, because we have a transport coordinator who is experienced and dogs who have complete paperwork. There is generally no where in the country that we cannot arrange transport for.
For anyone wanting a transport who hasn't done this before, please contact me, and I will walk you through the procedures.
We need:
1) description of animal
2) demeanor of animal
3) all vet records
4) destination info
5) crate info
6) age of animal
7) health issues of animal
8) present location of animal
9) name of animal
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
racegirlrandi

Re: Transport & rescue railroads ~ a Quick Primer

Post by racegirlrandi »

How do I become a transporter im very willing to do california and possibly nevada im located centrally in the san juaquin vally in a town called Selma, just south of fresno ca. Id like to help.
the QUEEN

Join the groups and SAVE A LIFE! YAY!
some yahoogroups:
animaltransportnetwork@yahoogroups.com
AnimalRescueER@yahoogroups.com
dog_rescue_railroad@yahoogroups.com

And more localized and breed specifics. Those are the big ones, I take on digest and my mailbox fills up in a day.
Look for a run that meets your time sched. and is your 'corridor', ie: mine is the I-95 corridor from Orangeburg, SC, all the way down to Darien, GA. I won't do that entire run, but say, Walterboro to Savannah. 100 miles in 1 direction is a good gauge.
You may have to google for the groups, as those are their email addys and you can't email unless you have joined. Go to yahoogroups and start the search. There are other groups out there to be sure, but all my groups are yahoogroups.
WELCOME TOTHE MOST REWARDING WAY TO SPEND YOUR DAY OFF!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
doolittleky

Post by doolittleky »

Do you know anyone in the area of Asheville NC? My friend is trying to geta kitten that she adopted from Illinois to fayetteville NC. We have drivers from illinois through Ky to a person in Tn that can drive it to asheville Nc but we need someone to pick it up there and drive it to somewhere that the adopter can meet them maybe greensboro NC? Please mail me at mscott@ksb.k12.ky.us if you can help or know of anyone that can.
Thanks
melissa
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

PM Bendy; they're somewhere in that neighborhood.

We can help you, if you can provide info in the sticky!
You can also join any of the railroads and post yourself! I would be happy to help you.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
doolittleky

Post by doolittleky »

Thanks
My friend Katie hasn't set up the day yet because we were trying to find people first that could do it. I have never set up a transport before. The plan was for the rescue to drive the kitten to me in Ky and I would take it to knoxville Tm to meet someone and they could take it to Asheville. We needed help from there. Katie lives in fayetteville NC. She could drive a little way but has bad tirees so can't go too far. If you want to email me at mscott@ksb.k12.ky.us then you can let me know what to do. Thanks so much!
Melissa

Just email me the info above when a date is set and we can get this baby on the railroads...
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
doolittleky

Post by doolittleky »

Thanks! I will get in touch with Katie as soon as I can.
Melissa
doolittleky

Post by doolittleky »

Hi karen,
I have a date that the rescue is bringing Saki to me(Sunday 21st) I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Saki needs to get to Fayettsville, NC. Katie the one adopting Saki is willing to drive a short distance to meet someone but has bad tires so she can't drive a long way. The person that I was originally going to take Saki to in Knoxville TN can't do the transport now so I will need a transport set up from Louisville, KY to Fayetteville, NC with me driving the first leg and Katie driving the last leg. If you could set it up for January 27th that would be great! If you need any other info let me know.
Thanks,
Melissa
Jean

Post by Jean »

Hi Karen,
Thank you for the information about the Rescue Railroads. I wish I had known to contact you whenever I needed my (at that time paralyzed pup) Angel transported from Florida to Kansas. The rescue railroads in that area refused to transport him because of his disability. We thought that he might possibly need his bladder expressed which required specialized care. What do you do in instances such as that?
Luckily, I found someone to fly him to Kansas but it required waiting 22 days with a resulting vet bill of over $800.
That factor kinda soured me as far as adopting a "furry child" from a long distance in the future./Jean
racegirlrandi

Post by racegirlrandi »

aVAILABLE TO TRANSPORT IN CALIFORNIA AND POSSIBLY NEVADA AREAS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATLY
lARGE OR SMALL ANIMALS HAVE A TRUCK AND A CAR AND NO LIMIY TO THE TYPE OF ANIMAL EITHER YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT 559-834-5736 OR JUST pM ME OR E-MAIL ME AND IF YOU CANT REACH ME BY PHONE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION YOU MAY CALL MY GRANDMAS (WHOM I LIVE ON HER PROPERTY) AND SHELL COME GET ME HER NUMBER IS5598345239 rANDI-gIRL
the QUEEN
oliviachichi

Post by oliviachichi »

GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily wrote:There are so many railroads, the ones I belong to are all yahoogroups. When we get a request, I can cross post as well as the requestor. The requestor will have to join the group, but it's helpful to be a member.
I do the I-95 corridor - Savannah GA to Walterboro SC (and am flexible). I use the railroads, because we have a transport coordinator who is experienced and dogs who have complete paperwork. There is generally no where in the country that we cannot arrange transport for.
For anyone wanting a transport who hasn't done this before, please contact me, and I will walk you through the procedures.
We need:
1) description of animalBulldog mix
2) demeanor of animalgreat pup, crate comfrotable
3) all vet recordshas had all vaccines and is being spayed 12/23/08
4) destination infoDallas/Ft.Worth area
5) crate info?
6) age of animal6-8 months
7) health issues of animalurinary/fecal incontinent/wears diaper
8) present location of animalCincinnati, Ohio
9) name of animalBaby Girl