Transport Needed KY to NC

For the transportation arrangements for rescues and adoptions. Please post here if you need a transport or if you are available to transport.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
paws2consider

Transport Needed KY to NC

Post by paws2consider »

Transport is needed for a shelter cat who has been accepted into a sanctuary in NC. This cat is Special Needs, no tail due to accident and somewhat incontinent of bowel. Must go as soon as possible. Thank You - Kat

1) description of animal - Black and white, dsh, front declawed, neutered male. He has no tail.

2) demeanor of animal - easygoing, social, affectionate, sweet and loving, calm, well-behaved

3) all vet records - UTD on Felv/FVRCP and Rabies until 7/11/07 (initial shots 6/16/06 and second 7/11/06), tested negative for Felv as kitten according to records (6/16/06 at 4 mos). He will be retested for felv/fiv as an adult prior to leaving although he has been indoor. He will receive Health Certificate prior to leaving. He will be UTD on Advantage Flea Control.

4) destination info - The Magoo Room Sanctuary in Grimesland, NC. Or, nearby Greenville, NC or Raleigh-Durham, NC is another location near to the destination.

5) crate info - will travel in cat carrier, carrier to be donated to sanctuary

6) age of animal - 1 1/2 years old

7) health issues of animal - in good health, but can be incontinent. Not all the time, and he does use a litter box. Incontinency due to tail injury 1/07 which resulted in bowel/bladder problems although this is inconsistent. He sometimes will do a soft stool and need assistance in cleaning (baby wipes provided!).

8) present location of animal - Murray, Kentucky (western KY)
Can deliver to another location (i.e. Nashville, TN, Louisville, KY etc. if it is helpful)

9) name of animal - Nubbin
This is his last chance, he has been adopted and returned and was an owner surrender to the local shelter. He is too good of a cat to be put down. His good nature shines through. The Sanctuary is his chance, and a good one, too, at a happy life where he is accepted.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Transport Needed KY to NC

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

paws2consider, do you want me to cross post to special_needs_cats?
Or did you join? :)
Nevermind! I got the transport request in my inbox! Nice!
(typed mice oops)
Want me to cross post?
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
paws2consider

Post by paws2consider »

Please do cross-post, we need all the help we can get! If anyone is FLYING out of St. Louis, Nashville, Memphis to Raleigh or Greenville, NC on a pet-friendly airline like US Airways or Continental, not sure who else, I can pay his fare if he can tag on. This is another option. Will keep my fingers crossed.
doolittleky

Post by doolittleky »

Do you still need transport? This is a long shot but my friend is from fayetteville, NC. Right now she is in Indainapolis at her grandfather's funeral. She will be leaving there early friday morning and coming through Louisville KY to pick up her 5 week old kitten that I have been babysitting while she was in Indy. I don't know if her parents will agree or not but I can ask them if they would be willing to pick it up in Louisville and take it to NC with them as long as someone can get it from her once she gets home. You can call my work number at 502 897 1583 ext 340 to let me know. My work email addy is mscott@ksb.k12.ky.us She should be calling me sometime today. So the sooner I hear from you the better.
melissa
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

paws2consider, he has been posted to special needs cat rescue, but I do not have your contact info! Please email me at andys_child@yahoo.com with contact info, including phone & email. Thank you.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
paws2consider

Post by paws2consider »

So sorry, my contact information is paws2consider@yahoo.com. He still needs transport if possible to either Greenville, NC or Raleigh, NC where they can pick him up. I have looked into flying him as a last resort and he can fly Delta for $175 out of Nashville. I am still hoping for someone going that way though. Thank you for all of your help.
Last edited by paws2consider on Sat May 26, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
paws2consider

Post by paws2consider »

Here is an update on Nubbin....we are holding off on transporting him to a sanctuary at this time. He had a cut toe and we have been treating that for the last 2 weeks. During this time, I have noticed that he has become much better with his incontinence. For the last week, he has been 'normal' with no leaking, is solid, and is using his box impeccably. He has only needed an occasional baby wipe to help clean, which we all know is NO big deal.
I spoke with his previous owners (he had been surrendered in March, adopted in April, then surrendered again in April) and they both reported bowel leaking and incontinence, which is what we observed in the shelter. However, in our foster environment, he has shown improvement! The vet has said that we may be seeing recovery of nerve loss and muscle function. This would be wonderful because he could then have a chance at a Real Home. The sanctuary, thank you Barbara, that he was accepted into appears to be a wonderful one, and they are gracious in their understanding. Here's hoping that Nubbin continues to improve. I am so very glad I decided to rescue this cat into our program as he so deserves a chance. Nubbin is on Petfinder currently under the Humane Society of Calloway County, Murray, KY.
paws2consider

Transport Needed!

Post by paws2consider »

The transport of Nubbin is back on. I had hoped that he would continue to improve, however, we have noted that he can have relapses when his environment changes or he is stressed. I feel that his best chance at a home is with the sanctuary that has accepted him in NC.
We need a transport from Western, KY to Greenville or Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. If we could get someone to take him from Abingdon, VA (which is a halfway point for me) to Greenville or Raleigh, NC, as a second leg....I could drive him to Abingdon, VA. Another option that I have posted on our webpage on petfinder: if anyone is flying on a pet-friendly airline to Raleigh-Durham, NC from Nashville, TN; Louisville or Lexington, KY; Memphis, TN; or even St. Louis, MO. We will pay his fare to fly with you in the cabin. Please contact Kat at paws2consider@yahoo.com if you can help. Thank you, Kat
Humane Society of Calloway County, Murray, KY 42071