Adorable, loving 2 pound chihuahua puppy needs caregiver.

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
cbsmemds

Re: Adorable, loving 2 pound chihuahua puppy needs caregiver

Post by cbsmemds »

Amy,

Brooklyn definitely has a home with me in MS in August, no worries there.

I don't have experience with the guilt your feeling. I know that Brooklyn knows you, trusts you, and loves you and would be happy with you. Having said that you have to do what is right.....and I don't know what that is. Whatever you decide please know that Brooklyn can live with me and my cats forever if needed.

Marcia
amyd

Post by amyd »

Thank you for your support - I appreciate it! I am happy to know she has a home with you. I just feel like a bad person for letting her go. I don't know why.
cbsmemds

Post by cbsmemds »

Your welcome. Try to give yourself a break, you are human and you are finding her a home vs what others would do. She knows you love her. Please keep me posted on Brooklyn's situation should you change your mind before August.
amyd

Post by amyd »

I will definitely keep in touch with you.
I guess my big dilemma is trying to figure out why God put this dog in our lives. It may be that my job is done by finding you. How else, but for God, would I ever meet a person in MS willing to take care of her? I guess the answers will unfold with time.
Thanks for listening. Amy
mumpkees

Post by mumpkees »

Amy:

I am sorry that the Washington home didn't work out, but sometimes these things happen for a reason. Quite possibly, she was sent to you to be a part of your family. You don't have any reason to feel guilty. We all have gone thru that from time to time. We have been sent a special baby, but we know we don't have the skills and we worry if it would be better if they were with someone else. However, as is often the case with special needs furkids, an instant experienced home isn't available. So out of necessity, we hit the internet and start searching. Often times we come across a group or forum like this, post our need and the outpouring of help is phenomenal. It sounds like there is a possibility of a home in a couple of months in Mississippi, but I'm betting by then that home won't be needed because you will have fallen helplessly in love with Brooklyn. You will also have found that with the help of others from these forums that Brooklyn's care has been streamlined and is amazingly easy and quick. I know when we first opened home and hearts to MaxMan, our little severe CH boy, we were petrified we couldn't do it or we wouldn't do it right. It seemed like there were so many things to do, so many things to remember. But after a few months we were amazed at how easy it really was to care for him, how little time it took, how few adjustments to the normal house routine we had to make - the most amazing thing of all was just how much we came to love him and could not imagine not having him a part of our family. It sounds like Brooklyn is well on the way to becoming that way for you. Everyone here will help you with tips, ideas, where to find the supplies you need, moral support and information. Just ask us. /mari
/mari
Spiritcat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees of southeastern Texas
amyd

Post by amyd »

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the support I have found in this website and community. I agree - it has gotten easier and more streamlined taking care of her. What do some of you do with your special needs pets when traveling? In Brooklyn's case, she is small enough to go with us for short stays. But if we can't take her, do vets who kennel provide good enough care? Thanks for any input or advice. Amy
Beth Weeble's:o~ mom

Post by Beth Weeble's:o~ mom »

Amy,
First let me say how ADORABLE Brooklyn is! As far as what to do when you go out of town.... I NEVER board any of my babies & my furkid Weeble as well as his namesake stayed & will stay at my friend Ruth's home when I went/go on trips. As far as my other furkids I have someone who comes in & stays with them while I'm on a trip.
Beth
amyd

Post by amyd »

Thanks for your reply and for your advice! I also put some more pictures of Brooklyn up in the photo gallery. She weighed 2.3# at her appointment last week - 17 weeks. Amy
amyd

Post by amyd »

I have an update on Brooklyn. We have decided to keep her and take care of her ourselves. I feel like God put her in our lives for a reason, and although I don't yet know the reason, it will be revealed with time. Her care is becoming more routine and we love her to death and want to take care of her. I greatly appreciate everyone's help, advice, etc. I am so happy I found this website - it has been so helpful. Amy
mumpkees

Post by mumpkees »

Don't want to say "I told you so".............. but LOL - I am so happy to read this! Already I can see that you can't imagine that you ever had a time where you thought about rehoming her. Do keep us updated and share pictures. So glad that she is now a part of your family! /mari
/mari
Spiritcat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees of southeastern Texas
amyd

Post by amyd »

It's ok - I was hoping you were going to be right! I have her pictures posted in the photo gallery on here.
Beth Weeble's:o~ mom

Post by Beth Weeble's:o~ mom »

oh Amy! My heart is jumping for joy! Brooklyn will teach you so many things! I know that you love Brooklyn & she loves you with every fiber of her being.
Gosh I LOVE happy endings!!!!!!!!
amyd

Post by amyd »

Yeah, me too! My sincerest thanks for your encouragement, understanding, hope - it's what gets us through.
amyd

Brooklyn is One now!

Post by amyd »

Brooklyn is doing very well, our routine has just become part of our day, just as she has become part of our family. We celebrated Brooklyn's first birthday this weekend. You can view pictures under the photo gallery - Brooklyn from Texas.
amyd

Post by amyd »

Here's the link to her updated pics:

http://handipet.com/gallery2007/v/Brooklyn+from+Texas/

Love from Texas,

Amy