Austin, TX--blind cat w/ high BP

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
critters
Founding Member

Austin, TX--blind cat w/ high BP

Post by critters »

CROSSPOST
I am hoping someone here may take an interest in this girl and help us find her a home. She is safe in foster for the moment but I would like for her to find a home to live out her last years. I know this is a tall order.

Tiffany had uncontrolled high blood pressure which resulted in detached retinas. She was to be an owner dump at the local pound but we happened to have a volunteer there at the time and she stopped her from being dumped. The vet estimated she is 15-17 years old and feels she has been blind for a while as she is well adjusted. Right now we have her on meds for her high blood pressure but we will have her in for a checkup and see how they are working and if they need to be adjusted.

We would love for her to live our her last days in a real home instead of a foster one. She seems much younger than she is and we were surprised to find out she was so old.
pic: http://images.rescuegroups.org/webpages ... i30030.jpg
Diana R.

Re: Austin, TX--blind cat w/ high BP

Post by Diana R. »

To whomever has Tiffany, do you have contact info that you can provide---please PM me. I may be able to help with this girl. Diana
critters
Founding Member

Re: Austin, TX--blind cat w/ high BP

Post by critters »

:thankyou: FYI! I'm also posting your request for info back to the group I got it from; if I'm not mistaken, I think one of the members is associated with her.