Adult male cat, missing front paws, ADOPTED!!!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
AuntSewissa

Saved! Adult male cat, missing front paws, ADOPTED!!!

Post by AuntSewissa »

Hello all, I'm a foster mom for Cats Cradle ( http://www.catscradleva.org ), located in central Va. I'm currently fostering 2 special needs cats. Higgins was found by a local feeding a colony on a gravel parking lot. It's unclear if he was born without his front paws, or suffered an accident. It appears he has lived outside all his life, however he is not feral. He was unneutered when he came to us, and hit and miss on the litter box. He has since been neutered and now uses the litter box. He never has sprayed. He's apx 5 years old. Has the typical unneutered male body type. Large head, neck, jaws and shoulders. Super sweet and wants loved all the time. He needs a home with mostly carpet. He can use the stairs. Gets along well with other cats and kittens. Pretty chill and laid back and somewhat talkative.

Tested neg for FIV/FL, fully vaccinated, and having a dental done this week. Please consider and cross post to friends. He just wants a loving home.

He walks on his stumps, but when he stops, he either lays down, or balances on his hind feet. Feel free to contact me for anymore info, or to meet him :thankyou:
Cerissa
autnsewissa@ntelos.net

jillianrose87

Re: Adult male cat, missing front paws, needs forever home V

Post by jillianrose87 »

HI,
this little guy stole my heart. i am advocating for him in north and south carolina. I hope to get back to you with good news soon.
thanks for all you do

jillian
AuntSewissa

Post by AuntSewissa »

Thank you so much! Every cross post helps, thanks!

C :thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What a cutie!! So he's in the valley??
AuntSewissa

Post by AuntSewissa »

Yes, we are situated in the Shennandoah Valley.

I may have a home for him lined up. He's going up to Norther Va this weekend to meet a lady that has adopted from us previously. Fingers crossed! :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Oh, good! How about the CHer? Can you update in that thread? The bipod just "caught" me for some reason! :D
AuntSewissa

Post by AuntSewissa »

She's doing great, I'll post and update :)
Christine

Post by Christine »

Just checking on that handsome little guy. Did you find a home for him het?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
AuntSewissa

Post by AuntSewissa »

Yes I did............MINE! :shock: My husband would not give him up. Once he learned how comfy a lap is, the bed, the couch, warm laundry, etc, he is the biggest lap cat I've ever seen. He screams at the alarm clock every morning, and grooms all the othe cats for hours. :wub:

We also ended up keep in the CH kitten we fostered with him. She takes my heart every time I see her. Higgins protects her and loves on her. So we are at our max. 3 special needs (one I haven't mentioned before, has a heart defect and a no predicited to live past a year to year and half), 3 "normal" ones :lol:
Christine

Post by Christine »

I love happy endings like this and I am not surprised at all - what a sweet face! He is in the perfect place.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08