Female kitten with CH needs forever home, Va.

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
AuntSewissa

Female kitten with CH needs forever home, Va.

Post by AuntSewissa »

Hello all, I'm a foster mom for Cats Cradle ( http://www.catscradleva.org ), located in central Va. I'm currently fostering 2 special needs cats.

Weebles was born in a barn with clear CH. She is aprx 4 months old. She stumbles when she walks. Clearly has depth perception problems, and when spooked will pin ball around her surroundings, sometimes dangerously. She is otherwise a healthy playful kitten. She's tested neg for FIV/FL, will be spayed before adoption, and fully vaccinated. She needs to be in a single level home, and carpet would be helpful. As she's gotten older, and more brave to walk around, her mobility and motor skills have improved. She loves attention and to be pet. She gets along with other cats and kittens. She uses the litter box. She loves watching the other kittens run and play. Sometimes she gets the kitten friskies and prances around as well.

Feel free to contact me for any further information. Feel free to cross post and send to friends. :thankyou:

Cerissa
auntsewissa@ntelos.net

Weebs with her favorite toy
AuntSewissa

Re: Female kitten with CH needs forever home, Va.

Post by AuntSewissa »

Update on Weebles.

She's really starting to come into her own. She startles less, and her coordination has really improved. When walking, she doesn't fall as much as she use to, and she enjoys diving into the crinkle tunnel, and vinyl cube. She still has trouble turning around, and that usually results in a couple tumbles :wub:

She's venturing into the other rooms of the house. Even though she's always had access to them, she clearly sticks to what's comfortable for her. Slowly but surley :wub:
mumpkees

Re: Female kitten with CH needs forever home, Va.

Post by mumpkees »

She's adorable!!! Love the face! Sounds like Weebles is really progressing and quite possibly she'll ge her 'walking' down pat. CH kittens often continue to 'progress' until they are two years old. After that they are pretty much as they will always be. Hopper Chopper started out being thought to be rear paralyzed because she couldn't get her back legs up under her. Now at a little over two years old she can stand, walk and run. She also has limited climbing abilities. She doesn't jump down off of things, but she's mastered the art of slithering off things.

Are you aware of the yahoo group devoted to CH kitties? Not only are there tons of helpful people there with ideas and suggestions for anything you might need help with for the care of CH kitties but you can also post there when you are looking for a home for a CH kitty. There is also a Facebook page for CH kitties where you can post for a home needed.

/mari
AuntSewissa wrote:Hello all, I'm a foster mom for Cats Cradle ( http://www.catscradleva.org ), located in central Va. I'm currently fostering 2 special needs cats.

Weebles was born in a barn with clear CH. She is aprx 4 months old. She stumbles when she walks. Clearly has depth perception problems, and when spooked will pin ball around her surroundings, sometimes dangerously. She is otherwise a healthy playful kitten. She's tested neg for FIV/FL, will be spayed before adoption, and fully vaccinated. She needs to be in a single level home, and carpet would be helpful. As she's gotten older, and more brave to walk around, her mobility and motor skills have improved. She loves attention and to be pet. She gets along with other cats and kittens. She uses the litter box. She loves watching the other kittens run and play. Sometimes she gets the kitten friskies and prances around as well.

Feel free to contact me for any further information. Feel free to cross post and send to friends. :thankyou:

Cerissa
auntsewissa@ntelos.net

Weebs with her favorite toy
/mari
Spiritcat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees of southeastern Texas