North Georgia: Blind Labradoodle needs your help

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Christine

North Georgia: Blind Labradoodle needs your help

Post by Christine »

I was forwarded an email about a young lady with four dogs of her own who needs to find a foster or permanent home for little Mr. McGoo. She has to return to school and needs to find a place for him.

A blind Labradoodle-looking dog wandered up to her house a few months back. She thinks that the poor guy was let loose up in the Copper Hill area in north GA. He wandered away from her once and Kathrine (Cohutta Animal Clinic) sent out an alert, and some kind-hearted soul found him and returned him to Amy. Now Amy has to go back to school doing clinicals for nursing and she will be gone many hours of the day. She has 4 dogs of her own and she wants to find a good home for "McGoo".
She says that he appears to be totally blind and she keeps him in the same room to keep him safe. He does interact with her other dogs, but doesn't want anything to happen to him and is worried about him and his welfare.
Are there ANY fosters out there in foster land, this would be a good one. If anyone knows of any "special needs" parents, please forward their names and info to her as well. Please help Amy. She is a very good soul, and a very special person.
This note from Amy:
“He is a super sweet little guy who is totally blind and found his way to my house several months ago. I already have 4 dogs of my own but I had to take him in. He sleeps in the bed with me and does well with other dogs that are not hyper. He does not need to be with small children because they make him very nervous. Older children would be fine as long as they weren't loud. Thanks for the help finding a good home for this precious little guy.”

Please contact Amy for more information or to foster or adopt little Mr. McGoo

coachgirl28@gmail.com
Attachments
Mr. McGoo.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08