Pender County, GA: Blanco - white shep/spitz mix

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Christine

Pender County, GA: Blanco - white shep/spitz mix

Post by Christine »

Please help network this sweet boy.
Meet Blanco who is the sweetest little white shepherd/ spitz mix there is. He is most likely less than a year old and was recently picked up as a stray and brought to the Pender County Animal Shelter. We’re guessing that he is around 40-45 lbs now and we’re assuming that he should grow to no more than 60 lbs or so.

Blanco appears to have an old injury to one of his hind legs that we have yet to determine the cause and the condition, but he gets along just fine. He can certainly run and play with the best of them and it does not appear to be causing him any pain, discomfort or disability. He has a possibly injured left eye or it could be a birth defect but like his leg, this does not slow him down. He is such a happy boy and is grateful to be out of the shelter. These things and Blanco’s lovable personality are what makes him so very special. We do not know about his life before he came to the shelter but we can imagine it was a hard, horrible life. You would never know it to spend anytime around Blanco. He loves life and his joy is contagious.

He gets along wonderfully with other dogs, people and children. We are not sure about cats as he has not been around any yet in his temporary foster home. He is very inquisitive and responsive, absolutely loves attention, is eager to please, minds his manners and is an exceptionally friendly dog. He will make a wonderful companion!! Here are some notes from his temp foster mom that she sent to me this morning (who happens to be a dog trainer):

• Blanco is doing so well! He had a big day today and really handled it so well. I have had 4 new people out today, lots of activity. He greeted everyone well and sat with us as we talked. Then, he had a quiet afternoon in his kennel run outdoors. He comes out a few times a day to do potty and play and visit with us and the other dogs. Played with my 7 yr old son yesterday, did well! We worked on four on the floor to be petted, he took treats from my son very well, jumped up at him a couple of times but not in a scary way. He wants very much for all to like him! I do not make him sit at this time for attention because it seems to bother his leg. He hung out with us for awhile on our back patio but was in mostly constant motion- he is very curious and playful.. likes to play with towels and chased the ball a couple of times. All in all, shows lots of promise!

We are asking for donations for his medical needs to be made directly to Cape Fear Spay & Neuter in Rocky Point NC under the Blanco account.

Cape Fear Spay & Neuter
4229 Castle Hayne Road
Castle Hayne, NC 28429
(910) 602-1101

Thank you so much for your care and concern about Blanco!

Take care,
Leslie

Leslie Eyster
Pender Co Animal Shelter Volunteer
Attachments
blanco5.jpg
blanco4.jpg
blanco3.jpg
blanco2.jpg
blanco.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08