Paralyzed kitten needs new home (Central Illinois)

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
CarolC

Re: Paralyzed kitten needs new home (Central Illinois)

Post by CarolC »

This topic was checkmarked DONE on the 22nd, it looks like it's already taken care of...
Christine

Post by Christine »

I was just coming here to suggest contacting Roads of Hope http://roadsofhope.org/ and I saw the checkmark too. Did you get him, Bendy or did someone closer step up?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Bendy what is the news on little Simon???
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

none.
i haven't heard a peep from Simon's people.
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
Jean

Post by Jean »

Hi Bency, They may not have the time or monetary resources to pay for transport. Can you pay for transport? That may make them more responsive. The economy is just so bad wIth people layed off and all. I worry that with every day that goes by that Simon may be let go especially since the kids were caring for him and have gone back to school.
When I transported the kittens from Illinios a USHIP transporter did it for $240. If Simon's family knew you were working on transport they might hang on just a little but longer?/Jean
PS: Remember I mentioned that you can ask for bids but you don't have to accept them.
Carol is Simon's family still receiving notification of posts? I didn't get notification that Bendy had posted.
I even wonder about having him transported to Kansas and then finding a way to get him to you. Am I about half way in between? I just hate for him to loose his life when you really want him and can take him.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

I'd be happy to pay for transport, i'm actually in a situation now where i could. or pay for gas for people who would drive. but i am hearing NOTHING which says to me that they are not interested in sending him. I cant' arrange it on my own, I need them to participate. Honestly, I am more than willing to take him but I don't have the energy to chase people down to try and help their animals. If they want him to have a good home they need to do something, like contacting me and working with me. I may have almost no limits when it comes to cat care, but I do have limits when it comes to making transport arrangements of any sort. Esp longdistance!
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Jean wrote: Carol is Simon's family still receiving notification of posts? I didn't get notification that Bendy had posted.
The notification for tatrofam was not activated on this thread. I just activated it, I hope this will help.
TatroFam

Post by TatroFam »

We were able to find Simon a home with a family who home-schools their children, and have time to play/work with him. Thanks for your interest!
TatroFam

Post by TatroFam »

Also, just wanted to let you all know that I had not recieved notification of ANY of these posts, I was not intentionally ignoring anyone's interest in Simon. But he found a good home afterall! :thankyou:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Yay and double yay! That is wonderful. :hurray: Sorry about the notifications, thanks for posting back!
Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm so glad that your little Simon found a home. Will they be using the same Vet so that he can monitor his health and give his new family any ideas? Thanks for standing by Simon. You have given him a new life !!!!!!/Jean