You Have To Meet Thumper!!!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
paws4life

You Have To Meet Thumper!!!

Post by paws4life »

-- Once in a lifetime opportunity!!!! You’ll never get another chance to bring sweet Thumper into your heart & home if you don’t scoop her up soon. Though whoever adopts this sweet baby will surely be special in my book, it really will take an “extra” special person to give Thumper the forever home she so deserves. You see, her back end was paralyzed due a dog attack when she was younger, resulting in not only the loss of use of her back legs, but also incontinence. She had a home before the attack, but they gave her up. She doesn’t let that get her down though & manages to get herself around just fine. She can even climb up on things if she wants. Born in 2000, she is a sweet petite black beauty who came to Best Friends Animal Society (located in Utah) in 2002 & lives in Quincy House. I volunteer at BFAS at least once a year & while there recently, I had the distinct privilege of taking miss Thumper on her very first sleepover. Yes, a sleepover even though she has some special needs. She did so wonderful with this new experience, better than I even anticipated. You can read more about the sleepover & even watch a video of some of our time together by clicking the attached link.

http://network.bestfriends.org/groups/s ... 54763.aspx

Thumper is a very special girl who would love to finally have her own home & person again. She loves people & gets along great with other cats though she'd probably be happiest in a home without children, since she can't move very quickly. Won’t you take this once in a lifetime chance to give this princess the home she has been waiting for??
Attachments
Thumper.jpg
Christine

Re: You Have To Meet Thumper!!!

Post by Christine »

Awww...what a lovely post and video! thumper is adorable and you can tell she was in hog heaven on your overnight! If you have not already done so, you might want to post her on Special Needs Cats Yahoo Group too.

So glad you joined us...you are definitely our kind of people! :group:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
paws4life

Post by paws4life »

Christine, thank you so much. Thumper is just the sweetest thing. Thank you for mentioning the yahoo group, I will definitely post there today.

Paws4life....=>^..^<=
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, Thumper is a beauty!!!!!!
My Caramel Apple (Calico) kitty had her back broken by 2 Pit Bulls and as a result is incontinent and paralyzed. Part of her spine jumped up onto the other part of her spine. I have had her for about 3 years. She was flown down to me by a rescue group in NYC.
So, is Thumper in the Incontinent house at Best Friends? When I found my first paralyzed kitty Jaime 13 years ago after she was HBC I called Best Friends several times and talked to Judah who gave me many pointers on her care. Wasn't Judah's father one of the founders of Best Friends?
My dream has always been to work at Best Friends in their incontinent area with the paralyzed pets. I have 2 paralyzed kitties, 2 paralyzed doggies and 3 incontinent kitties with Manx syndrome. As well as many others with special needs.
So, Paws4life do you live in Kanab Utah and volunteer frequently? /Jean
paws4life

Post by paws4life »

Hi Jean,
Sorry to be so late in replying, haven't been on the computer much these last few days being busy with Thanksgiving & such. Hope yours was nice!!
First, bless you for even taking in Caramel Apple (adorable name by the way) & all the others you have. What a BIG heart you have. Sounds like you keep pretty busy with them all. I would totally take Thumper in but too many factors make it not the best situation for her right now. Believe me though, if things change.......:). Thumper lives in Quincy House (formerly Kitty Motel) at Best Friends. That is the building that has the Incontinent Suite but actually Thumper, & a few other incontinent cats, get to live in the lobby. She just loves people & gets along fine with other cats. During our sleepover, she really just loved to be on my lap being petted & I soaked it all up. Judah Battista was one of the founders, not sure if his son has the same name (??) but I believe you're correct.
Your dream is my dream, to work with the special needs kitties at Best Friends. I just love that place!! Still hopin it might happen some day.
I live in NC actually but I volunteer at BF at least once a year. BF is a great place for any animal to wait for their forever home but I still believe that their own person/forever home is the best situation. I can easily see that when I take a kitty on a sleepover like I did with Thumper & many others. They just open up & become a different cat & I believe it's because of the individual attention they get on a sleepover & also from being in a home-like setting. That's why I'm trying to get Thumper's name out there. I believe there is a home for EVERY animal regardless of their disabilities/unique personalities/issues, the mission is just to find it.
Jean, please feel free to share Thumper's post with anyone you might know who would love to give Thumper a chance. Like I said, if my situation changes & she's still at BF, I will likely see if I can make her mine. But in the meantime, she's not getting any younger........Take care