Diabetic Foster Kitty Seeks Home

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Paws2Love

Diabetic Foster Kitty Seeks Home

Post by Paws2Love »

This summer my family fostered a mommy cat and her 7 kittens. 5 of the kittens have been placed but we still have the mom and 2 of the kittens (6 months old now, so we call them "cattens!") We are quite attached to them so it will be hard to see them go. The mother is the only one who has an illness.

The mother, Clover, was diagnosed last Tuesday 11-22-11 with diabetes. She is on insulin injections twice a day and I am currently investigating what we can do for her. It sounds like there is a good chance we can eliminate the use of insulin injections for her by changing her diet. I have found some great resources and a yahoo support group that I will pass on to her forever home. Although any wonderful home will be great, we'd love to see her be placed in a home with a diabetic youth who could really relate to her. She is a lovely kitty who needs a home. She is spayed and up to date on shots. She is a black and white tuxedo kitty 3-5 years old who has beautiful amber colored eyes and a big purr. You can find more about her at this link: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20731629

We do have to get better photos of her...

Also, this is through a rescue organization so an application will be required. We normally ask for an adoption fee but I'm not sure how we will work it in this case.

Thanks! Ann
Christine

Re: Diabetic Foster Kitty Seeks Home

Post by Christine »

Hi Ann...

What a cutie Clover is and a strong little girl. We are so glad you joined us and hopefully, we can help find her the perfect home.

:welcomeheart:

Clover

Domestic Short Hair-Black And White Mix: An adoptable cat in Minneapolis, MN
Medium • Adult • Female

Hi! My name is Clover! I am a very sweet and affectionate kitty with a very big purr and big amber colored eyes about 3-5 years old. I am sort of unsure around little children and big men, but I handle them. I had all seven of my babies in a pole barn in an old groundhog burrow. Luckily these weird lookin two-legs caught me and my babies and probably saved me because do you know how hard it is to care for seven playful and non-cooperative babies? Probably not, but Ill tell you. Its pretty hard and I was so skinny. I must say though that my kittens sure were fast learners about the litter box. They make me proud that they never make mistakes, just like me! Five of my children were adopted out to great new homes but Frito and Bog are still with me. Yesterday, I had to go to the vet and we found out that the reason I have been so thirsty is that I have diabetes. I'm lucky to be a cat because remission is a realistic goal for...
Hi! My name is Clover! I am a very sweet and affectionate kitty with a very big purr and big amber colored eyes about 3-5 years old. I am sort of unsure around little children and big men, but I handle them. I had all seven of my babies in a pole barn in an old groundhog burrow. Luckily these weird lookin two-legs caught me and my babies and probably saved me because do you know how hard it is to care for seven playful and non-cooperative babies? Probably not, but Ill tell you. Its pretty hard and I was so skinny. I must say though that my kittens sure were fast learners about the litter box. They make me proud that they never make mistakes, just like me! Five of my children were adopted out to great new homes but Frito and Bog are still with me. Yesterday, I had to go to the vet and we found out that the reason I have been so thirsty is that I have diabetes. I'm lucky to be a cat because remission is a realistic goal for treatment of type-2 diabetic cats (that is, 80-95% of all diabetic cats) who are properly regulated quickly.

More information about me is below.

Please help this sweet cat find a forever home. Clover - DSH Black and White. Female. 3-4 years old, estimated. Clover was spayed and had shots on 9/1/11. She has also had several doses of dewormer. She has had the FeLeuk test and was negative. The shots Clover has had are: Rabies Vaccination and PRC (panleukopenia/rhinotracheitis/Calicivirus combo). Clover is wary of new people, especially men, but warms up with time. We speculate that she was a stray barn cat.

Clover is currently in a foster home in Elko New Market, Minnesota. Who: Paws to Love Animal Rescue, Fostered in MN 501(c)(3) organization An application will need to be completed prior to adoption finalization. We want to make sure Clover finds a home that is a great fit for everyone. Clover's adoption fee includes her spay, shots, previous worming, and tests.
Read More about this Pet

Read Less

More about Clover
Spayed/Neutered • Up-to-date with routine shots • House trained • Special Needs • Primary color: Black & White or Tuxedo • Coat length: Short
Clover's Contact Info
Paws To Love, Minneapolis, MN

•Phone: Please use email
•Email Paws To Love
•See more pets from Paws To Love
•For more information, visit Paws To Love's Web site.
Attachments
Clover.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08