Help / Home for Dot - Kitten with Spina Bifida

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Team_Dot

Help / Home for Dot - Kitten with Spina Bifida

Post by Team_Dot »

Hello there! I am one of the members of "Team Dot". Dot is a sweet 4 month old kitten born with spina bifida. (She is in Northern VA area) This has left little Dot without the use of her hind legs, and rendered her incontinent, which means she does need help expressing her bowels and bladder. Dot has been vetted and given a clean bill of health otherwise. She has some control over the rear legs and the vet said a cart would help her retain as much function as possible. (We’ve already received a quote from Eddie’s Wheels.) We are looking to help her find a safe foster home immediately, until we can place her in a forever home. We are reaching out to multiple sanctuaries versed in disabled kitty care, as well as individuals willing to open their heart to this sweet girl.

We are open to suggestions, help, advice, or those interested in fostering or adopting Dot. There is more info on her at http://www.facebook.com/dot.the.kitten

Please let us know if you can help! Thanks! - Bettina of Team Dot

Check out Dot's videos at

AND

http://dbmissingtest.chipin.com/dot-kit ... ina-bifida
[chipin]be6ec4b53aa0b868[/chipin]
Christine

Re: Help / Home for Dot - Kitten with Spina Bifida

Post by Christine »

Hi Bettina and Welcome! Dot is just an adorable little girl. Where is she located?
Attachments
dot.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Team_Dot

Post by Team_Dot »

Thank you!
Dot is in Northern Virginia (DC Metro area).
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Oh my------what a cutie!! Exactly where in NoVA?

Just wondering why I can see the Facebook page? I usually can't, since I don't belong.