Prince Georges, MD: Sight impaired sweet cat named Owl

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Christine

Prince Georges, MD: Sight impaired sweet cat named Owl

Post by Christine »

Poor little girl!

A364338 or “Owl” as we call her, is a DSH ticked tabby F with severely crossed eyes. The vet didn’t think it was something that could be corrected and that it was likely a birth defect. She can be handled, but she’s shy and that may have something to do with her sight. I’ve attached a picture. Please let me know if you have any interest in Owl.

Best,

Christina

Christina Manucy
Rescue & Foster Care Coordinator
Prince George's Animal Management Division
3750 Brown Station Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
301.780.7258 fax
camanucy@co.pg.md.us
Attachments
A364338_OWL.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: Prince Georges, MD: Sight impaired sweet cat named Owl

Post by Jean »

Owl is sure a pretty girl !!!!! No wonder she is shy. She likely can't see well and shelters can be so stressful. The staff try but it is such an unnatural setting and the upset dogs and cats barking and meowing can be deafening,
I'll email the shelter and let them know she is being featured on our bb. Hopefully, before the day is out we will hear that she is safe !!! /Jean
Jean

Post by Jean »

I just received an email from the shelter in Upper Marlboro MD. Owl is still there. She is so shy that she is not in the adoption area with the other kitties so she is not getting the exposure that she needs to get adopted. sigh She has developed an mild URI and is receiving meds. She said she is absolutely beautiful. She has a ticked coat like a squirrel. That is what my Jaime's coal looks like. Just like a coat of a squirrel !!!
Lee where are you located in Virginia???
Isn't this kitty close to YOU ???? :) /Jean
Jean

Post by Jean »

I've been in contact with the shelter. Owl went to a rescue and foster home this afternoon !!!! Another one saved !!!!!!!!!!!!/Jean