Iowa: 7 yo Black Pug

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
MrWilson

Iowa: 7 yo Black Pug

Post by MrWilson »

wilson.jpg
The handsome fella above is Mr. Baxter Wilson. He is a 7ish year old pug. In the fall of 2011 he lost the use of his rear legs; he also became incontinent.

He is a very friendly guy who is great with other dogs and cats. He has adapted to his condition and gets around well in his drag bag and in his cart.

My work schedule has increased in a manner that doesn't allow me to spend the amount of time with him that he deserves.

I would like to find someone in Iowa who is interested in adopting him.

If that person is you please reply here or email me at rockyoureverything at gmail dot com.

Victoria
Christine

Re: Iowa: 7 yo Black Pug

Post by Christine »

Hi Victoria and Welcome,

Mr. Wilson is just adorable. I will link this to my Facebook page. Have you contacted any pug rescues in your area?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MrWilson

Re: Iowa: 7 yo Black Pug

Post by MrWilson »

Thank you. He actually originally came to me (before the loss of use of his legs) from the Pug Rescue in our area.

I'm not willing to put him through all of that moving around again nor do I want to burden them with another pug (they have a ton).

I love this little guy to death and will keep him until I can find someone who can give him what I can or better.

The idea of finding him another home is extremely difficult. I just want him to be able to have more freedom than my new schedule allows.

Until then... we'll just keep trucking along the best we can.