NJ: Heroic Paralyzed Mother Cat Saved Babies - Needs You!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Christine

Saved! NJ: Heroic Paralyzed Mother Cat Saved Babies - Needs You!

Post by Christine »

Maggie deserves the miracle she gave to her babies...let's network her and find her a safe and secure home.
One day Maggie was walking outside, trying to figure out where her next meal would be, maybe looking for a safe place to have her babies, which were due any day. She wasn't bothering anyone, she was just trying to be a good cat. But a very terrible person decided to use her as target practice. They shot her with a BB gun and the bullet compressed her spinal cord, causing her to become instantly paralyzed in her back legs.

She dragged herself for days to a yard where she knew the lady was NICE. It took a long time to get there and during that time she couldn't find food and became very dehydrated. She couldn't pee and her bladder became very big. But the nice lady had her brought in to our animal hospital. There we found that she had a large wound on her back leg from dragging herself for so long, and the wound had become infested with maggots. She was extremely dehydrated and terribly boney. We feared that her kittens might not be alive. We contacted a neurologist because we weren't sure with her paralysis if she was going to be able to give birth. They agreed the best thing to do would be to do a C-Section and try to save the babies. We did and were able to revive 4 big healthy babies!

But because Maggie was so sick for so long and hadn't eaten in days, she wasn't making any milk and we decided to let another momma cat with babies the same age foster Maggie's babies! She misses them but they are doing well.
We rehydrated Maggie with some IV's, gave her antibiotics, fixed her wounds and we are expressing her bladder three times a day. She is very easy to express and is such a good girl about it. She is able to defecate on her own but kind of just goes "on her towel" She eats like a little champ...making up for lost time! I'd love to find a special person to care for this young lady who has been through so much, and came so far a distance to try to save herself and her babies...she is truly a little miracle mom!

Please Forward and cross-post!

Adrienne Jimenez:
email: squeezycat2005
@aol.com
phone: 201-867-4795
Attachments
maggie.jpg
pregnant maggie.jpg
fat babies.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: NJ: Heroic Paralyzed Mother Cat Saved Babies - Needs You

Post by Jean »

Christine,
Have you heard anything about this Heroic momma kitty?
I looked up Adrienne Jimenez who posted this plea and she is the head vet tech at Secaucas Animal Hospital in NYC. So, is this kitty living at the Vet Hospital? It is nice of the Vet tech to care so much !!!!!!!!/Jean
PS: I bet you will be glad when I get my new computer!! :)
Christine

Post by Christine »

Wow...I thought I had posted the good news about her. Just got an email day before yesterday that she had been adopted. I updated our blog and Facebook and forgot that she was posted here. Here is your fourth miracle!! :angel:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, Christine we are on a roll !!!!!!!!
I'm so glad the sweet momma cat has a home !!!!!!! :D