Southern Mississippi: Oscar the One-Eyed Cat

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
bernieshouse

Southern Mississippi: Oscar the One-Eyed Cat

Post by bernieshouse »

I am looking for a good home for Oscar. I rescued Oscar about 4 years ago from a kill shelter in MS. We think Oscar is about 14 years old. He only has the one eye and we don't know what happened to other one. My vet thinks it may have been surgically removed. Oscar also has hyperthyroidism and takes meds twice daily for it. The condition is completely under control as long as he is given his meds. He also has bad gums and needs a good teeth cleaning. Sadly, due to his age and other problems my vet does not recommend sedation for the cleaning.

So, after telling you all of the problems he has, let me tell you about the good things he offers. He will never wake you up early, he likes to sleep in and sleep often. He doesn't cause any mess, he knows how to use the litter box and never misses. He has the most adorable face and likes to to have his hair cut (He will allow grooming without the sedation). He has a big heart and a great personality. Oh, he loves, loves, loves to eat, and prefers Fancy Feast to other brands!!!!!!!!

Oscar is neutered, FIV and FeLV free, microchipped and is up to date on all vaccinations. I am willing to transport to the right home.

I have photographs of Oscar; but, they are too big to upload on this forum. If your interested in Oscar private message me I will email them to you. Alternatively, if someone knows the secret to uploading photos please let me know.

Thanks for your interest in Oscar.

Marcia
critters
Founding Member

Re: Oscar the One-Eyed Cat

Post by critters »

Where is he?
bernieshouse

Post by bernieshouse »

Oscar lives in southern Mississippi.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Crossposting...
Christine

Post by Christine »

Here is your sweet boy! Sharing him on Facebook.
The photographs are of him shaved and unshaved after grooming.
Attachments
Oscar 3.JPG
Oscar2.JPG
Oscar1.JPG
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
bernieshouse

Re: Southern Mississippi: Oscar the One-Eyed Cat

Post by bernieshouse »

Thank you Christine.
critters
Founding Member