Foster or adoptor N. Florida: Adorable dog

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
theservs

Foster or adoptor N. Florida: Adorable dog

Post by theservs »

A colleague thought I might be able to help with finding a foster or adoptor for this dog found in N. Florida (I guess since I have a spinal cord injured pet).

a .MOV was sent but I can't save it, so I'm attaching the best photos I can get from the .MOV.

this dog is happy and seems to have compensated nicely to what looks like an old injury. It was reported to me that he had "two legs" but from the .mov he appears to have some motor mov't of his hind legs, although severely weak. Otherwise, he is happy and moves around pretty easily.

If you or someone you know can foster or adopt, please contact me through handiccapedpets.net or phone: 813-503-4826.
Attachments
dog1.png
dog2.png
dog3.png
theservs

Re: Foster or adoptor N. Florida: Adorable dog - update

Post by theservs »

updated information on this well-behaved cutie:

This cutie (They have named her Penny) was rescued temporarily from a kill shelter. She is a great low maint house trained dog. She leans on front legs for going to the bathroom outside. She doesn't like loud noises but doesn't offer any aggression at all and other dogs around dont bother her etc. They are estimating her age at around 4 y/o. All shots current etc. She eats well likes treats etc. In terms of her mobility, she has a small back cong leg and a callouses stump vet says doesn't hurt her so able to manuever around and enjoy her surroundings. She is delightful and the temporary foster is really trying hard to find a forever home for this little girl. Please, if you know of anyone, please reach out to me or call: 813-503-4826!
Christine

Re: Foster or adoptor N. Florida: Adorable dog

Post by Christine »

How are you??? How is Dolcezza Mia ?? :wub:

So glad to hear that Penny (my dog's name too) is safe in foster now. You might ask the foster mom if she can do some more pictures that show her off more. I will post her to the Yahooo Special Needs Dogs Group for her.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08