Pure bread Golden Retriever Puppy Missing a Paw, will need home!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Gwen

Pure bread Golden Retriever Puppy Missing a Paw, will need home!

Post by Gwen »

Hello,
My mother's Pure bread AKC Golden Retriever had puppies a week ago. (The puppies are also pure bread and will be AKC).
One of the beautiful puppies was born missing one front paw. When he's old enough, my mom will bring him to the vet for a proper examination to find out a bit more. For now, he seems to be behaving exactly like the other pups. Eating normally and of average size.
In seven weeks, he will need to be adopted by a special person that has enough love for him to help him. I wanted to start looking for this person as soon as possible because they might be hard to find!
If any of you know anyone or has advice on how to get him a good home when he's ready, It would be very appreciated.
Thank you so much!
critters
Founding Member

Re: Pure bread Golden Retriever Puppy Missing a Paw, will need home!

Post by critters »

:slant: Tripods are more disfigured than disabled, if you ask me. When he goes to the vet, many vets will suggest amputating the remaining limb. Personally, I'd wait on that, since, in this day and age, an adopter may want to try a prosthesis for him. I've always let my tripods keep their remaining limbs unless they were causing trouble, because sometimes they can be useful, like a kickstand or whatever. Sometimes the limbs cause trouble with open wounds, skin breakdown, etc.
CarolC

Re: Pure bread Golden Retriever Puppy Missing a Paw, will need home!

Post by CarolC »

Posting a picture may be helpful. :photo: