New member rescuing manx barn kittens

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
breegold

New member rescuing manx barn kittens

Post by breegold »

Hello all,

I originally posted in an existing thread, then figured maybe I should start my own. My friend has a farm where a colony of stray feral manx cats have taken up residence. I have been rescuing the kittens, getting them socialized, vetted and adopted (not for profit!). The latest litter of 3 has one with no tail whatsoever and fecal incontinence. I'm familiar with their general GI issues, but this one is new to me. I was hoping medication or surgery could fix it, but the more I read, the less likely I think that is, which makes her much less adoptable. I could always return her to the farm after her spay, but looking for some hope. :cry:

FYI my friend has gotten herself hospitalized trying to TNR these cats, so please appreciate efforts have been made.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210511-134606_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210511-134628_Gallery.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: New member rescuing manx barn kittens

Post by critters »

What a cutie! Do you do Facebook? There are some groups there that have experienced parents of spinal cord injured critters who might be interested in taking such a high functioning cutie.

:whale:
breegold

Post by breegold »

I do do Facebook, which groups? I will happily plaster her cute face across it! :)
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

bump
breegold

Post by breegold »

Hi all,

I got help from an amazing experienced local owner of an incontinent manx, so I think she's going to be all taken care of :)
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:thankyou: