Lucky - Treeing Walker Coonhound - wheelchair - KY

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Lucky - Treeing Walker Coonhound - wheelchair - KY

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/lucky-47614190/ky/covington/furgotten-dog-rescue-inc-ky520/ wrote:
Lucky Treeing Walker Coonhound & Coonhound Mix Covington, KY

Adult Male Medium Tricolor (Brown, Black, & White)

About

Coat length
Short

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs. I am paraplegic. I have no deep pain sensation from my waist down. I cannot control my bowels meaning when I gotta poo it just comes out. I also need my bladder expressed every 6 hours. I am a pro in my wheelchair. I use it outdoor but indoor I walk around on two legs. My foster mom says I’m totally worth it!.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children.

Prefers a home without
Cats.

Adoption fee

$200.00

Meet Lucky
Lucky is a 5-year-old Treeing Walker Coonhound weighing 55#. Lucky was rescued after being found paralyzed on the side of the road. We are so glad we did not listen to the vet’s recommendation to euthanize him saying Lucky would have no quality of life.

Being paralyzed and having no deep pain sensation, Lucky had bilateral leg amputation surgery to remove my back legs since they were dead weight and literally dragging me down.

Lucky loves the company of other dogs and walking in his wheelchair. He also loves every person he meets! If you don’t come get him, he will roll his way to you.

Lucky has no control of his bowels. If you cannot deal with diapers, pee, and poopy messes, and you cannot physically lift him to clean and care for him, then Lucky is not the dog for you. This very special boy needs a very special home.

furgottendogrescue@gmail.com