Atom Ant - double rear amputee Pointer - BC

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Atom Ant - double rear amputee Pointer - BC

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/atom-ant-52006241/bc/langley/loved-at-last-dog-rescue-bc254/' wrote:
Atom Ant Pointer & Saluki Mix Langley, BC

Young Male Medium Black, White / Cream

About

Coat length
Medium

Health
Vaccinations up to date, special needs. Double amputee.

Good in a home with
Other dogs.

Meet Atom Ant
Atom Ant (Alex)
Breed: Pointer/Saluki mix
Wgt/hgt: 44 lbs/ 19-3/4 inches
Relations: Good with dogs/ unknown cats & kids
Activity level: Moderate for cart dog
Highlights: Rear disabled, sweet, good with other dogs
Region: Middle East

I am a very sweet, young boy who was in dire need, as my shelter was closing down. Thankfully, a lovely person in Canada has offered to foster me, so I have been taken in by my rescuer until I can get a flight there.

I was found with all my legs tied up with a rope and run over by a car. I endured hellish pain. Some rescuers stepped in and I underwent severe surgery enduring pain and hardship for several months, but I was still able to recover.

So, I was kept at a place after surgery, but because of improper care, I was hospitalized. I was then taken to my current shelter. It is extremely difficult to find homes for able bodies dogs, let alone one paralyzed. If a place for me had not been found, they feared they would have to euthanize me. Such a shame after so much was done to save me. Now, I have a chance at a new life.

Though alas, I am paralyzed forever and my back legs have been amputated, which took a load off me, but I can never play like other dogs... I have so much love to give and cuteness of personality to show you.

You may think it may be sad for me to be disabled, but it is just the way my life is and I enjoy being alive and able to share my love of life with others. LALDR will provide a cart for me once I am in my new home, so I can learn to zip around like Lightning McQueen, Mario Andretti, Speedy Gonzales, Usain Bolt... Hahaa.

I have no issues with other dogs and although I haven't been around cats, it might be hard for me to go after them. I also haven't been around children yet.

If you are up for a loving little buddy to snuggle up with, then you've come to the right bio. Here I am. Up and at 'em, Atom Ant.

Neutering has been deemed unsafe for me by the vet, so I will remain intact. Darn, I still can't do anything, even if I could get to the girls though.

I have not been spayed/neutered, but am *vaccinated & micro-chipped.
My adoption fee is $400.00 CAD + applicable taxes. This includes my transportation to Canada if a flight volunteer is found all the way to Vancouver.

Due to the ever-changing extenuating circumstances brought on by the Global Pandemic, we are struggling to transport dogs to Canada.

Owing to the new hotel quarantine rules for international arrivals in Canada, it has become more difficult to find flight volunteers to bring dogs to Vancouver. It could be six to eight months before your dog could arrive.

If you would like to increase the chance of your dog coming sooner, then the rescuer may be able to find a flight volunteer to Montreal or Toronto, however, this necessitates the use of unaccompanied cargo cost within Canada of $275-$475 per dog. Seattle is another possibility. However, this necessitates the use of a private customs brokerage company to bring the dog across the border with an additional fee associated with this. Fees charged by Pacific Customs Broker range from $190 to $370 per dog.

You will be asked if you are interested in this option when your application is approved and further details will be provided at that time.

PLEASE NOTE: There is no expectation/requirement for the adopter to pay any more than the adoption fee itself. We WILL get your dog to you eventually, we simply provide these as options in case an adopter wishes to receive their dog sooner than it would take to fly their dog to Vancouver with a flight volunteer. In the event you wish to choose one of these options, LALDR will be as transparent as possible with you regarding the costs and will ask for your approval before any travel arrangements are made.

Disclaimer: It is important for all applicants to visit our website, http://www.lovedatlastdogrescue.ca/adopting/ and read about Loved at Last Dog Rescue.

Information included in the profile is provided to us from the international rescuer or local fosters. LALDR does not have access to overseas dogs and cannot always verify the accuracy of their descriptions. Every dog is an individual and can act differently in different situations based on the person adopting them and the environment in which they live.

The age and breed of a dog is usually an educated guess, so we are not able to guarantee the accuracy of age or breed of our dogs.

Normally, we will not approve adoptions to homes with children under 12 years of age. More information can be found on our website.

*Vaccinations: Dogs from the Middle East are vaccinated for rabies, parvo, distemper, leptospirosis, adenovirus type 1 and para-influenza. Bordatella is not given, as that has not been a problem in the Middle East.

dogs.laldr@gmail.com