Diesel - CH wobbly cat with rough life - WI

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Diesel - CH wobbly cat with rough life - WI

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/diesel-51737930/wi/whitewater/community-cat-inc-wi353/ wrote:
Diesel Domestic Short Hair Whitewater, WI

Adult Male Medium

About

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Prefers a home without
Children.

Meet Diesel

DieselHello wonderful person! My name is Diesel, I am a very special wobbly cat looking for a very special home! I have something call cerebellar hypoplasia. Learn more about how it's no big deal below. Most of my two years of life have been rough but my foster mom has been kind and taught me that not everything is scary and life can be both relaxing and fun. I am ready for a special person(s) who will show me love and patience and allow me to come out of my shell even more. In my heart I know there is a perfect home out there just for me!

Let me tell you all about me! I have learned that toys and playing is actually really fun, plus it makes my foster mom smile! My favorite toy is a turkey feather. Don't worry, there are extra feathers I can take to my new home with me! I have also learned to enjoy pets and scratches, my foster mom watches carefully to make sure she stops petting when I am done. This keeps me happy. I even let strangers pet me but kids might pet me too much, I think I prefer adults!

What else???? I like to keep all four of my paws on the ground but my foster mom tells me that in my forever home with some time and patience from my very own special person or people I might learn to become a lap cat! My foster mom can coax me onto her lap for food, I will stay for bit before I climb off. For now I usually sit next to her to keep her company. I am also getting good at using the litter box. I might need some time to adjust in my new home; staying in a small space for a while will help me feel comfortable and get used to my surroundings and litter box location. Oh and don't forget about the food!!! Here I get plenty of food. I really like food, so if you feed me, we will probably get along!

Don't let being a wobbly cat scare you away from adopting me! I am not much different from other cats, I just lose my balance sometimes and should not have access to stairs and might need some other minor accommodations. My foster mom can help you figure it out. I like carpet, it is easier for me to walk on and a softer landing when I fall. I do get around pretty well though, and definitely impress my foster mom with how fast I can make it to the food bowl. Around here there are a few other cats, they keep their distance from me so I just leave them alone. I have also met two dogs. One scares me because he tries to come over and check me out a little too enthusiastically, the other ignores me and I will bravely explore while keeping my distance from her. So if my forever home already has other pets as long as they are nice and any dogs give me space I think I will fit in fine. Are you ready to come meet me yet? If you read through all this you just might be the special person I am waiting for. I am ready to meet you!!!!

I'm told I was born approximately 2019 and am being fostered in the Elkhorn area.

CH is a neurologic disorder that doesn't get worse and doesn't get better. CH most often causes jerky, shaky, unbalanced movements. There is no pain associated with CH and the cat knows no other life and often do great! You can learn more about CH her e: http://chcat.org/about-ch-cats/ https://lifewithchcats.com/what-is-cere ... ypoplasia/
If you are interested in adopting one of our wonderful cats or kittens, you can apply on our website: https://www.commcat.org/copy-of-adopt-a-bff . Please allow several days for us to process your application. We are a small, all-volunteer group and we are doing our best to work quickly! After the application is processed we will make arrangements for you to meet the cats that interest you. All of our cats and kittens are raised in our homes and live with us until they are adopted. They live with us as part of our families so we know them very well and we can help you find your perfect cat! Cats are rarely caged (only if its medically necessary) so you can visit with them and see how they act in a home. Our adoption fees are: Kittens (under 6 months): $100 (or 2 for $150), Adults (6 months to 7 years): $50 (or 2 for $50), Seniors (8 years and up): $25 (or 2 for $25). All cats are spayed or neutered, tested for FIV/FeLV, dewormed, vaccinated for rabies (if age appropriate) and distemper, and microchipped.
Think you and Diesel might be a match?
Read FAQs
Help provide for Diesel's care
Community Cat, Inc.
Whitewater, WI

Location Address
PO Box 447
Whitewater, WI 53190

Get directions
adoptions@commcat.org
(608) 201-3241

More about Community Cat, Inc.