Bruce - Deaf Dane - Ypsilanti, MI

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Bruce - Deaf Dane - Ypsilanti, MI

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/bruce-courtesy-post-53071114/mi/ypsilanti/come-to-the-rescue-mi943/ wrote: Young Male Large Merle (Blue), White / Cream

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Loyal, Playful, Curious, Couch potato, Quiet, Athletic, Funny, Protective, Loves kisses, Smart

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children.

Prefers a home without
Cats.

Meet Bruce (Courtesy Post)
Bruce was adopted a year or so ago into a home with two female dogs, one other Dane and another female. The family wasn't told that Bruce was deaf but.....they figure it out, he is. The older female died a month ago and since......there has been trouble with the other Dane. We don't know if it's because the alpha passed away and neither of the Dane's know who should lead or who should follow. It's caused fights and part of it is that Bruce can't hear her walk up on him and he saw the older female as the alpha momma dog.

Bruce is a smaller dane, he's only 100 pounds and 30" from the ground to the top of his shoulder. We are looking for a experienced large dog owner and a person who understands how to deal with a deaf dog and can learn hand commands so Bruce can understand what is needed and expected from him. He gets along great with kids but we think a mature household is the best thing for him and a home with a large yard like he's used to so he can run around and get his yaya's out. He's a gorgeous doggie and a affectionate pet to his people.

I will put you in touch with Bruce's owners for more information call or text me at 517 294 4514 or email me at marlas2468@yahoo.com and make sure to leave a PHONE NUMBER IF YOU WANT A RETURN RESPONSE.

marlas2468@yahoo.com