Lenny - deaf senior cockapoo - Kannapolis, NC

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Lenny - deaf senior cockapoo - Kannapolis, NC

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/lenny-52533425/nc/kannapolis/charlotte-cocker-rescue-of-nc-inc-nc146/ wrote: Lenny
Cockapoo Kannapolis, NC

Adult Male Medium Apricot / Beige

About

Characteristics
Friendly, very sweet, go with the flow, Gentle

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs.

Adoption fee
$350.00

Meet Lenny
Lenny has had his eye surgery. Now he must go through a lengthy process for recovery time. If all goes well, he could be available for adoption sometime in April. Thank you to all who donated to his care. Your kindness is appreciated.

No Phone Calls: Please fill out an adoption application and return it to us to be approved. An adult home or a home with teen children is best. A fenced yard is preferred to keep him safe due to his deaf ear issues.

My name is Lenny. I am a special need, 8 1/2-year-old, deaf, buff Cockapoo boy. My eye surgery has now been done to restore my sight. Now I need recovery time, so I won't be available until sometime in April. I was left abandoned in an outside play yard with another dog at a NC shelter. I had juvenile cataracts in both eyes and other health issues. Recovery from this surgery takes time. When I am ready for a new home, I will be a wonderful companion for someone to love. I have been working on house training with my foster mom and I am doing better with it with my sight is back, but not quite there yet.

My vet needs are current, and I am neutered. But I am deaf in both ears. My cataract surgery went well and now I can see. I am a very sweet boy; I have good energy on a leash, and I am doing well in my foster home. I came here with infected ears, skin and coat issues and bite wounds that have been treated and healed well. I had two tumors removed. Both tested as benign, and I've had a dental. I do have a grade 2 to 3 heart murmur, but I don't require any medicines and can just be monitored at vet appointments. I am a nice cocker boy, but it seemed like I was not treated so well by my owner when I first got here. With kindness and patience, I have blossomed in foster care. I will do best in an adult only home or a home with teen children. I will be a great walking buddy. Spending quality time with you is a plus. I am a gentle guy and will do well as your house dog and companion. A securely fenced yard will keep me safe.

My adoption fee is $350 after my recovery time. If all goes well, I will hopefully be ready for a home sometime in April.

larrydonnacarp@aol.com