Fleur - deaf, low vision poodle X puppy - Granger, IN

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Fleur - deaf, low vision poodle X puppy - Granger, IN

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/fleur-55605723/in/granger/speak-for-the-unspoken-oh1024/ wrote:
Fleur
Australian Shepherd & Miniature Poodle Mix Granger, IN

Puppy Female Small Merle (Blue)

About

Coat length
Curly

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats, children.

Adoption fee
$325.00

Meet Fleur
· Name: Fleur
· Male or female? Female
· Approximate Age: 11 weeks
· Breed: Australian Shepherd/Toy Poodle mix
· Weight: 6 pounds and growing; likely to be around 15 pounds when grown
· Any impairments: Deaf, visually impaired
· Potty trained? Working on it
· Crate trained? yes
· Good with other dogs? yes
· Good with cats? yes
· Good with kids? yes
· Commands known: none yet
· Needs fenced in yard? no
· Need another dog in the home? No, but preferred
· Energy level (high/med/low)? Medium
· Bio:

Hi new friends, Fleur here, and I have a question for you!
Have you eaten dinner yet?
Because I basically weigh as much as a Chipotle Burrito, but loving on me won’t give you heartburn after!
Did you know there are people who breed certain colors of dogs together (called Merles), to get more of that same color? And when they do that, there is a TWENTY FIVE (25) percent chance of puppies being born deaf, blind or both? To me, those are pretty bad odds and I really wish those people would stop doing that. Because of this breeding practice, I was born deaf and mostly blind. Yeah, it can be a bummer, but I don’t know any different and am living life to the fullest every day despite my impairments! Dogs like me can be trained using touch commands, and we rely heavily on our sense of smell to explore our world. I do have a bit of vision in my left eye, so I can see movement. Because I was born like this and am a puppy, the sky is the limit to how much I can learn!
My perfect home would have at least one other dog to play with, because I LOVE to play. A smaller dog (less than 25 pounds), or a gentle dog would be best for me, since very playful or rambunctious dogs could overwhelm me. I love the cats in my foster home, and try to get them to play! So as long as your cat doesn’t mind a playful dog in their home, I’m good with them! I love the human children in my foster home, too! I would love a home with kids, as long as they understand my disabilities mean I can startle if approached the wrong way.
I sleep all through the night in my crate and can be crated quietly during the day when needed. Sometimes I have accidents in my crate or in my home, but I am working SO hard on potty training, and doing a really good job!
I will likely bond very closely to my forever people, and I’m ready to get that started! Adopt me while I’m still burrito-sized, won’t you please? Let me spend the rest of my life filling yours with smiles, laughs, and cuddles.

Prior to adoption I will be spayed, and up to date on all vaccinations.
I am being fostered in Granger, IN.

If you are interested in adopting this dog, please review our adoption policies and apply online at [www.speakfortheunspoken.com/adopt](http://www.speakfortheunspoken.com/adopt).

Visit [www.speakfortheunspoken.com](http://www.speakfortheunspoken.com/) will give you more information about our rescue.

***PLEASE READ*** WE DO NOT RESPOND TO PETFINDER OR EMAIL INQUIRIES. Please fill out an application on our website if you are interested in adopting this dog. We will only set up a meeting with the dog once you have an approved adoption application. We actively manage our dogs on Petfinder.

Adopt@speakfortheunspoken.com