Casper - doxie, deformed legs, megaesophagus - Weston, FL

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Casper - doxie, deformed legs, megaesophagus - Weston, FL

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/casper-55683552/fl/weston/dachshund-rescue-south-florida-fl850/ wrote: Casper
Dachshund Weston, FL

Young Male Small

About

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats, children.

Meet Casper
Casper is a 9 month old 6.5 pound little boy.
Casper came to us 7 months ago as a very sick little 2 pound puppy with deformed legs and was then diagnosed with mega esophagus. Casper has grown stronger and healthier as he ages and is now ready for his forever home. When we first got him, he could only walk on his "elbows", but now he walks on his paw pads all the time and (even though it's a different looking gait) he does a great job getting around with no issues.
Casper's foster mom will talk with his lucky family about the care of him as far as the mega esophagus, but it entails him eating in his Bailey chair and getting a tiny pill in some spray cheese (he will be adopted out with several months worth of his meds). He's got a very short neck that we think is all part of his birth defects, but that just adds to his adorableness.
Casper is a loving and wonderful little dog who is good with other dogs, all people and cats. He loves to play with other dogs and with toys.
If you think that you might be a good fit for this very special boy, please go to www.dachshundrescuesouthflorida.com and submit our application. If you are interested in adopting me, please complete the DRSF Online Adoption form.My adoption fee covers all my (prior) vet care (adopter receives vet records). For more information refer to the DRSF Adoption Fee page.If you have any questions about adoption or want more info, you can email: info@dachshundrescuesouthflorida.com

info@dachshundrescuesouthflorida.com