Petey - orange Manx, bunny hops, daily meds - Salem OR

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Petey - orange Manx, bunny hops, daily meds - Salem OR

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/petey-55501811/or/salem/coalition-advocating-for-animals-cafa-or324/ wrote: Petey
Manx & Tabby Mix Salem, OR

Adult Male Medium Tabby (Orange / Red)

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Gentle, Quiet

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other cats.

Meet Petey
Petey is a 2/3 year-old orange tabby, male, Manx cat. He is a special cat needing a special home.
Petey has issues that will require special care. He has been out on his own for at least two years, living under a mobile home in a mobile home park. He was rescued on March 30th, mainly because he had an injury to one of his front legs that required surgery and stitches.

Petey loves people and loves to "lap sit” (however only when placed on your lap, then he will stay until you remove him). As time passes he will become more secure and will probably jump up onto your lap.
Petey is still shy when I come into the room, but then comes right up to me when I put my hand down. He still practices his learned behavior of not trusting humans.

Petey will always require simple medications to “Keep things moving.” These meds are easy to give as he will take them in his canned food. Petey hops like a bunny, which is cute, but due to the Manx syndrome.
If you are interested in Petey, please reach out. It’s time he had a safe home where I’m sure he will continue to blossom. Call/text his foster mom Penny at 503-851-5377.

cafaoregon@yahoo.com