Neo - blind cattle dog X lab puppy - Akron, OH

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Neo - blind cattle dog X lab puppy - Akron, OH

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/neo-55963447/oh/akron/speak-for-the-unspoken-oh1024/ wrote:
Neo
Cattle Dog & Labrador Retriever Mix Akron, OH

Puppy Male Large Yellow / Tan / Blond / Fawn

About

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children.

Prefers a home without
Cats.

Adoption fee
$325.00

Meet Neo
Name: Neo
Male or female: male
Approximate age: 6 months
Breed: heeler / lab mix
Weight: 38 lbs
Any impairments: blind
Potty trained? Yes
Crate trained? Yes
Good with other dogs? Yes
Good with cats? No
Good with kids? Unknown
Commands known: sit, lay down, come, stop, step
Needs fenced in yard: yes
Needs another dog in the home: recommended
Energy level: high to medium

Hi! I'm Neo and I traveled all the way from Texas to find my forever home. I maybe blind but that doesn't slow me down one bit. I can map out my surroundings very quickly and have learned to go up and down 2 or 3 stairs by myself. More than 3 stairs I am unsure about going up and down.
At 6 months old I am still very much a puppy, though I look like a large dog. My foster mom says I'm going to be a big boy when I'm fully grown. I'm a very happy boy and have never met a stranger. Meeting new people is very exciting. Due to my size, energy level and being unable to see my foster mom is unsure about me being around young children.
I love to play with toys! When I find a toy I entertain myself really well. I also love to play with my furry foster siblings. Chasing them around the backyard, wrestling with them or playing tug with a rope is so much fun.
I am up to date on my shots and already neutered, so I'm ready to find that perfect forever home. If you think I could be your new best friend, fill out an application on the Speak for unspoken website.

If you are interested in adopting this dog, please review our adoption policies and apply online at [www.speakfortheunspoken.com/adopt](http://www.speakfortheunspoken.com/adopt).

Visit [www.speakfortheunspoken.com](http://www.speakfortheunspoken.com/) will give you more information about our rescue.

***PLEASE READ*** WE DO NOT RESPOND TO PETFINDER OR EMAIL INQUIRIES. Please fill out an application on our website if you are interested in adopting this dog. We will only set up a meeting with the dog once you have an approved adoption application. We actively manage our dogs on Petfinder.

Adopt@speakfortheunspoken.com