Ky - chihuahua with spinal issue - Covington, WA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Ky - chihuahua with spinal issue - Covington, WA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/ky-pearl-55962117/wa/covington/smidget-rescue-wa544/ wrote: Ky (Pearl)
Chihuahua Mix Covington, WA

Adult Female Small

About

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs. Herniated disk.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats.

Prefers a home without
Children.

Meet Ky (Pearl)
6 year old female Chihuahua mix, about 7 pounds. Ky was formally Pearl who was adopted out as a puppy. Hi! My name is Ky! I have some special needs but let me introduce myself first! I love my people. I want all of the attention that you can give me! I also love giving kisses and hugs. My favorite places to be are on the back of the couch, curled up under a blanket, or laying in the sun! The occasional toy is good fun too! I'm currently being fostered with another small dog and a cat, I mostly ignore the cat, but I have tried to play with the dog on rare occasions! I can be a bit growly when the dog gets too close to my stuff, but it is mine after all! I'm also good with kids, but only if they know how to treat me respectfully and move carefully so I don't get scared. Older children would be preferred. I'm really just a happy and sweet little girl looking for a home. Unfortunately, I have narrowing discs in my spine that make me very sensitive to certain things like being picked up or squatting. I can also be a bit timid, especially around new people, and I may scream out and submissive pee in anticipation of pain. Currently, I am on pain meds that help me feel normal and let me do zoomies pain free! These will need to be given intermittently for a while, and my adopters will need to provide me with continued vet care for my condition. It takes a while to gain my trust, and certain actions like putting on my leash or my harness can make me feel tense and scared. Once you do gain my trust I will feel much more at ease. I'm very adjusted to my foster home now but it can take some time before I settle in. The more I trust you, the better I will get, and the sooner I will blossom into the wonderful pup that I truly am! All that I ask is that my adopter is willing to give me lots of time, care, and love, because I really am a special little girl and my foster mom says that I deserve the best of the best!

ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS FOR KY:

NEEDS DAILY MEDS, POTENTIAL EXTRA VET CARE.
NEEDS SOMEONE WITH PATIENCE WHO GIVE HER THE TIME AND SPACE SHE NEEDS TO SETTLE IN AND TRUST.
OLDER CHILDREN OR ADULTS.
NEEDS DOGS SMALLER THAN HER SO SHE WON'T GET HURT, OR NO DOGS AT ALL.

smidgetrescue@hotmail.com