Joy - silver tabby diaper cat, mobility issue - Heber Springs, AR

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Joy - silver tabby diaper cat, mobility issue - Heber Springs, AR

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/joy-56173930/ar/heber-springs/heber-springs-humane-society-ar56/ wrote:
Joy
Domestic Short Hair Heber Springs, AR

Adult Female Small Gray / Blue / Silver

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Playful, Smart, Curious, Independent, Funny

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other cats.

Adoption fee
$60.00

Meet Joy
Hi, my name is Joy and I came to the shelter in Dec. of 2021. It was thought I had been hit by a car when the sheriff brought me to the shelter but it was discovered I was born without a hip joint. You may ask, so how do I get around? I can move around the room fast and I love to zoom in fact. I have to wear pants because I am incontinent. I use my litter box for poo but then have to wear my cute duck pants to be out in a room and not in a confined area. I have my cage (playpen) to stay in to eat and sleep. I have the most soft bed in my playpen and lots of toys. I love toys. jingle balls, mice, stick with fish on the end and the scratching pole. I am in a foster home now and having a blast. My foster mom wants to tell you some things. Joy is full of life. loves to play with toys and her scratching post. She does not know she is any different from other cats and gets around a room in record time. When she slows down and focuses, she can bear weight on all fours and "wobble walk". I hope this will improve once she gets in her forever home and can get more exercise and gain muscle tone. She "wobble walks" on carpet better than slick floors. But she does get around on any floor and when playing hard , drags back end of body. In this foster home she is learning to get a long with two other special needs cats. Joy is a strong willed, determined little girl. She is a loving sweetheart She will do best in a home with someone who is experienced with this type of special needs baby but I can show her new mommy or daddy how to take care of her if you decide you want this precious little cat. Fill out an adoption application on the shelter website for Joy. If would like to visit and just see if you would like this wonderful girl, when filling out the application just tell us you want to meet and greet.

humanesocietyhebersprings@yahoo.com