Whiskey - black DLH wobbly kitten (CH) - Salisbury, MA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Whiskey - black DLH wobbly kitten (CH) - Salisbury, MA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/whiskey-58835973/ma/salisbury/merrimack-river-feline-rescue-society-ma65/ wrote:
Whiskey
Domestic Long Hair Salisbury, MA

Kitten Male Small Black

About

Coat length
Long

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other cats, dogs.

Adoption fee
$300.00

Meet Whiskey
Whiskey is a 4 month old boy who was brought to us as a stray. He is in foster care and his foster family says:

"Hi, I'm Whiskey! I am a young long haired kitten looking for my furever home! I have come a long way since I was first trapped outdoors as a baby. My brother and I were the only survivors of our litter. It was discovered that we have a special needs condition called Cerebellar Hypoplasia (CH), which means that we can be a little wobbly. This is the result of our mom being sick when she was pregnant with me. But don't worry, I get around just fine! I can use the litter box like a normal kitty, eat and drink without a problem, and run around and play with my brother! I can go upstairs, but going down the stairs is very challenging for me. A home with no stairs or few stairs would be purrfect! My condition does not require any medication or special vet visits, and my foster mom considers my CH to be mild! Since I've been in my foster home, I have gone from a scared, hissy and swatty kitty to a lap cat! I run at the door when my foster mom comes in because I just want to be loved and held! I don't even mind when the 100 pound dog licks me! I love to sit on the couch with my foster parents and watch TV. I especially love the kitties that live with my foster mom, so I would prefer a home that has another kitty to play with and keep me company and make me feel safe. I hope I get adopted soon!"

Whiskey is neutered, micro-chipped, and up to date on (age appropriate) vaccines.

If you have already submitted an application with us, you do not need to do another one, please email adoptioncounselor@mrfrs.org if you are interested in adopting Whiskey. We will take inquiries on a first come, first served basis via email. If you have not completed our questionnaire, please do so here:
https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/adopt/MER/Cat

adoptioncounselor@mrfrs.org