Silvester - wobbly cerebellar hypoplasia tuxedo kitten - Yorba Linda, CA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Silvester - wobbly cerebellar hypoplasia tuxedo kitten - Yorba Linda, CA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/silvester-yorba-linda-59370179/ca/yorba-linda/cats-in-need-ca228/ wrote: Silvester - Yorba Linda
Tuxedo Yorba Linda, CA

Kitten Male Medium Black & White / Tuxedo, White

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Playful, Curious, Funny, Loves kisses, silly, Gentle

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with

Other cats, dogs, children.

Adoption fee
$150.00

Meet Silvester - Yorba Linda
Hi! I'm Silvester!

I'm a super friendly 4-month-old playful kitten with lots and lots of love to give!

I'm kind of the biggest goober ever... I don't have a mean bone in my body, and I absolutely ADORE playtime!

You may have noticed I'm listed as "special needs". That's because I have something called Cerebellar Hyperplasia or "CH" or "wobbly cat syndrome"

You can read a little more about this condition in the link down below, but in my case it just means I need a few simple accommodations to live a normal, long life, such as carpet or rugs in the home to help me get around, and a low entry litterbox with high sides I can lean against

I'd also need a single-story home or just need the stairs blocked off with a baby gate so I don't fall down. I also eat on my own, I just prefer a small plate instead of a bowl so I can lay down and eat

I don't really need Supervision, but I do need a home with folks around most of the time to keep an eye on me, especially in the first few months as I acclimate to my new enrvironment

Read here for more information on CH:
https://bluepearlvet.com/medical-librar ... 20properly.

The top question I get about my CH is whether I am litterboxed trained, and happily in my case the answer is a resounding YES! I use my box like a champ! As I mentioned above, I just need a box with a low doorway and high sides - no big deal!

I really dont know that there's anything different about me, and I radiate joy and happiness all day, every day. You can't help but feel happy too watching me navigate life without a care in the world!

I definitely enjoy human affection and will curl up for snuggles and loves after playtime (which can last for hours hahaha). I have a super loud purr motor and I give adorable little bonks and kisses to your hands and face during cuddles

I'd love to go to a home with another friendly, playful cat or kitten present for me to play with, but I'd also be okay as the only kitty in the home if my humans are around most of the time so he I have an outlet for all of my energy and silly antics

I would be a great kitty for pet-friendly children to keep engaged and play with

Approximately birthday 9/1/22

Adoption fee includes his vaccinations, neuter and deworm

Apply now for adoption approval and to arrange a meet and greet www.catsinneed.com/adoption-application-2020/

In foster with Jen P.

amandaflores825@gmail.com