Jazzy Bell - 15-yo deaf, low vision small mix - Springfield, MO

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Jazzy Bell - 15-yo deaf, low vision small mix - Springfield, MO

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/jazzy-bel ... one-mo633/
Jazzy Belle **ADOPTION FEE SPONSORED**
Beagle Mix Springfield, MO

Senior Female Small Apricot / Beige, Golden, White / Cream

About

Characteristics
Couch potato, Quiet, Calm, Loves Treats, Loves Food, Sleeping Beauty

Coat length
Medium

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats.

Meet Jazzy Belle **ADOPTION FEE SPONSORED**
"They say life is a highway, and its miles are the years.
Now and then there are tolls, whose currency is tears.
The road can be tough, the road can be steep, but it stretches wide and far...
and it always leads to a golden place, where hopefully, you are" :)

My name is Jazzy Belle, and I am a very, very, special girl. My story is long, but so has been my journey... so it's worth the read! I have SO much to tell you!

I am a 15-year-young, 13 lb, beagle mix girl. I am completely deaf, but, I don't need to be able to hear that you love me, because... I can already feel it! I can't see very well, anymore, either, but when they skies are gray - I live on light rays :) so I'm beyond ready to be the sunshine of your life!

I am kennel-trained, but I don't need one if my space is safe. I'd prefer a small, safe area of my own to snooze my afternoons away and slow dance in (I walk in small circles to be sure I find the *perfect* spot for each nap), between the lifetime of cuddles we need to make up for, of course!
While my life before is something best forgotten, I now spend every wonderful, glimmering day with a busy schedule of snacking, snoring, and snuggling. In that order! The only thing missing... is you. Snacks are my #1 favorite part of the day, so watch your fingers! I've got a whole life of treats to catch up on! I was very, very hungry when I was rescued, and very weak. I'm still learning that food isn't a temporary thing, especially since I can't see it!

I don't mind a leash, but when you're with me and we're in a safe spot, you don't have to worry - I would never dream of leaving you! I'm not so fast on my feet anymore, anyway, but I like to take things slow and drink in every glorious moment of this new life I always knew I'd find. I do my own thing and don't understand being pushed and pulled, so taking me in and out without a lead is easy-peasy. Just pick me up and sit me down somewhere safe, and I'll do the rest with you by my side! I'm a very little girl, so no heavy lifting here!

I've never been potty trained before, but I'm not incontinent - it's just hard to learn new skills when you can't hear or see well. If my forever family takes me out regularly, I know I could be mostly accident-free! I've already made huge progress in my foster home! I can also use diapers sometimes, but since I still have full control of my potty-business, we can save them for our snuggle sessions and special occasions like bad weather or if you'll be away for a few hours. I would do well in any home with the right person, and I don't give two hoots about other pets in the home - my attention is all on you! Just keep me safe from rambunctious pups.

I've traveled a long time in search of my forever but, I just KNEW I'd find you one day! That's why I've never given up. Thanks to my rescuers who believed in me, and knew my work here wasn't quite done, I think I FINALLY see my "golden years" in those-there hills ahead!

Will you be there waiting for me, too? Apply to adopt me today :)

--

My adoption fee is SPONSORED by an anonymous donor and friend of Rescue One and Jazzy Belle :) my sponsored adoption fee includes my spay/neuter, vaccinations, wellness exam, heartworm test, and microchip! If you're interested in meeting/adopting me, please visit www.rescueonespringfield.com/our-adopti ... plication/ and fill out the form! We do adopt out of state with vet references and video home check. *Adopter is responsible for coming to get the dog and returning the dog if the adoption does not work out*

Don't forget to LIKE us on Facebook!-www.facebook.com/rescueonespringfield

*Remember, dogs are pack animals. Because of this, Rescue One does not adopt to outdoor-only homes. Pets are family and are not disposable. Please make sure that you are 100% committed to a pet before considering adding one to your home.

rescueonespringfield@gmail.com