Triton - white miniature poodle, birth defect in legs - Las Cruces, NM

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Triton - white miniature poodle, birth defect in legs - Las Cruces, NM

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/triton-61126947/nm/las-cruces/from-the-heart-animal-rescue-nm82/ wrote: Triton
Miniature Poodle Mix Las Cruces, NM

Adult Male Small

About

Characteristics
Playful

Health
Special needs. Doesn't Walk Well.

Meet Triton
Triton found himself as a stray at Animal Services. With his awkward walk and terrible matting, he caught the eye of one of our rescue partners who took him home and got him cleaned up. She posted him on her page where we saw him and wanted to see if we could help him. Turns out Triton's funny walk is from a birth defect. Both of his femurs are curved which then causes his knees to turn outward. While he gets around well, he does walk on his feet, because of the wear and tear on his knees he already has arthritis. So, he is on daily anti-inflammatories for that. Somewhere down the road, he may need to use a wheelchair but for now and the foreseeable future, Triton is plenty mobile on his own. Of course, walks are not his thing, but belly rubs are what he craves. Triton likes to be with his people. He is a mellow dog with small bursts of excitement when you play with him. Dinner is his absolute favorite time of day. While Triton loves to play with toys, he also likes to eat them. So, he cannot have any stuffies. But he likes a good chew bone just as much. Do you have a special place in your heart for Triton? Learn more about me and fill out an online adoption application on the From the Heart Rescue website at: www.fthar.org. My requested adoption donation includes my spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations and medical care to date, microchip implantation and registration, collar, leash, and ID tag. If Im not exactly what you want, please visit my other friends in rescue at From The Heart Rescue on our website at www.fthar.org.
info@fthar.org