Grizzly - 2yo goofball club foot Great Dane - Florida/Alabama

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Grizzly - 2yo goofball club foot Great Dane - Florida/Alabama

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/grizzly-61590415/fl/pensacola/nw-florida-great-dane-rescue-inc-fl141/ wrote: Grizzly
Great Dane Pensacola, FL

Young Female Extra Large Brindle

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Loyal, Gentle, Smart

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children.

Meet Grizzly
**FOSTERED IN GULF SHORES AL**

Meet Grizzly!

Grizzly is the sweetest 2 year old goofball with the softest fur you will ever meet, and she doesn’t let her lucky fin get in the way!

You see, Grizzly was born with a club foot. It’s all she’s ever known, so she hops along great and is still fast as can be! However, she does tire more quickly and needs several shorter walks a day.

Her foster mom writes:

Grizzly girl’s favorite activities include smothering me with love, playing with her stuffed animals, mesmerizing me with her gorgeous eyes, and zooming around the house for fun.. (her zoomies are quite the spectacle to watch, she is definitely not the most coordinated so things will be knocked over in the process!)

Grizzly has come a long way in her first few weeks with me in foster care. She was previously living outside on a porch, and had never been on leash, in a car, or learned that you can’t potty whenever and wherever you feel like it! She was never exposed to new people or places or experiences in her first two years of life. So, needless to say, leash training and potty training a 2-year-old dane while living in a second floor apartment isn’t the easiest task. But we were both up for the challenge! The first 48 hours were hairy. But she picked it up in 4 days!

She also learned how to navigate the stairwell and the elevator, both of which were terrifying for her at first. But once she put her trust in me, and lots of stinky treats as incentive, she learned she was going to be okay. Now she navigates both obstacles with zero hesitation and thinks they’re a game! It was all just new to her.

She’s so smart. She picks up on new skills so quickly, as she is very eager to please her human.

She is crate trained, but does not prefer it. I leave her out while I go to work for the day, and she has never destroyed anything.

She has some separation anxiety when I leave for work, and will howl at the door for a little while before finding her spot on the couch for the day.

Grizzly is a little suspicious of humans, but when approached slowly, she will allow some pets. It may take her a minute to warm up to new people, but once she does, she will stick to you and never leave your side.

She previously lived with a male lab. She likes to play with male dogs at the park and on walks, but has shown fear aggression toward female dogs. For this reason, she should not go to a home with other female dogs. But she’s great with males.

Grizzly’s ideal home will be someone with a steady schedule and not a lot of in and outs throughout the day. Leaving multiple times in a day gives her a lot more anxiety. She does love children, and has been gentle with the toddlers I have brought her around. She is a special girl and everyone that meets her loves her!!

Grizzly is spayed, current on vaccinations, microchipped and ready for adoption. Her adoption fee is $400.

To read over our adoption requirements and apply to adopt grizzly, please go to www.nwflgdr.com/adopt.

Please note: NWFLGDR does not transport. All approved adapters are required to pick up the dog in person from his or her foster parent.

nwflgdr@gmail.com