Felicia - megacolon tuxedo kitten - Olympia, WA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Felicia - megacolon tuxedo kitten - Olympia, WA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/felicia-61752760/wa/olympia/feisty-felines-wa748/ wrote: Felicia Domestic Short Hair Olympia, WA

Kitten Female Medium Black & White / Tuxedo

About

Characteristics
Affectionate, Playful, Smart

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Meet Felicia
My name is Felicia. I am a professional baker and will make you the best biscuits you ever had in exchange for your love and affection. I like to squish my face into the bed and make “pancake lips” while I stare lovingly at you waiting for pets. Not to toot my own horn, but I am also a great work-from-home companion. I’ve helped my foster mom write tons of emails, participated in several very important meetings, and do a great job moving the pens on her desk so they are “easier” to reach. I’m basically her personal assistant and everyone at her work loves me, so that means I’m doing a good job, right? When I’m not helping my foster mom with work, I’m a huge snuggle bug and would love to lay in laps and give kisses all day if I could. I came from a scary place, so I do take some time to settle into new environments, and I might hiss a little when I get scared but I don’t mean it. I’m a bit of a “delicate flower” and I would do best in a quieter home who understands how to help a kid like me build confidence; preferably without kids or with older kids who are respectful of cats. I might like a cat friend or two as long as introductions are slow - dogs are okay too if they let me play with their tails and aren’t too loud and scary. Food hasn’t always been easy to come by, so I REALLY like eating whenever I can get my paws on some snacks. When I was still a street cat, I got really hungry and ate some stuff I shouldn’t have, which stretched out my colon and caused a condition called megacolon. I do need a little special care to help keep my stools soft while my body grows. Doc thinks I will make a full recovery, but there is a small chance I may need long-term care for this condition, but if I do it won’t be much (a wet food diet and possibly a stool softener to prevent constipation). I know I need a little special care right now, but I have so much love to give and would love to find my forever home.

FFadoptions@yahoo.com