Orbit - brown tabby CH wobbly kitten NEEDS CARPET - Rochester, MN

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Orbit - brown tabby CH wobbly kitten NEEDS CARPET - Rochester, MN

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/orbit-64595977/mn/rochester/paws-and-claws-humane-society-mn131/ wrote: Orbit
Domestic Short Hair Rochester, MN

Kitten Male Small Tabby (Brown / Chocolate)

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Playful, Affectionate, Funny

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Meet Orbit
“Get your groove on with Orbit (gum)!” Yup, I’m a brown tabby kitten who was born in late February in a foster home to a mama cat named Eira. My brother Hubba Bubba and I got great care there, and now Mama and Hubba are at the shelter. I’m still in the foster home because I am a special boy who needs a little more time before I come into the shelter. This is a lot of info, but please take time to learn about me. I was born with cerebellar hypoplasia, CH, which is also known as “wobbly cat syndrome." My foster mom explained, “This is a neurological disorder that causes jerky movements, uncoordinated motion and loss of balance.” It makes it hard for me to walk and run like a typical kitty would. I manage to get around by tumbling and jumping, but it takes a few tries, and I don’t always land where I mean to. I work so hard! I can take a few steps now without falling! To keep me safe from injury, I need a home with NO STAIRS, or at least with baby gates to block them. I rely on my claws to get around. Hard floors are too slippery, so I NEED CARPET. I’ve been trained to use litter boxes lined with doggie pee pads because litter is too slippery and messy. I am a good boy about using the box! I have some head tremors, which makes eating messy, so I have a SHALLOW DISH for wet food with water added because I haven’t mastered drinking from a water dish yet. I love attention and playing with crinkle ball toys and wand toys. I like low climbers and tunnel-type toys. I’d be content confined to a fall-proof bedroom, office, or sunroom with some time out to adventure and explore. I’d do great in an apartment! I’m snuggly, funny, and I would LOVE a cat companion to wrestle and snuggle with. I love to play with my brother Hubba, and I get along wonderfully with my mom Eira as well. My foster mom says, “CH kitties are otherwise healthy. It is not contagious or painful, and these cats can live long, happy lives. Here is some info from the Texas A&M veterinary site — https://vetmed.tamu.edu/news/pet-talk/w ... -syndrome/” Now, let’s get our groove on! Don’t you want Orbit in your world?

Adoption fee $150 + microchip fee $30 + tax

info@pawsandclaws.org