Laurel - wheelchair Basset puppy, straight leg syndrome - Whitewater, WI

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Laurel - wheelchair Basset puppy, straight leg syndrome - Whitewater, WI

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/laurel-59900713/wi/whitewater/alberts-dog-lounge-wi506/ wrote: Laurel
Basset Hound Whitewater, WI

Puppy Female Medium Tricolor (Brown, Black, & White)

About

Coat length
Short

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children.

Adoption fee
$300.00

Meet Laurel
Meet Laurel!

Have you seen the cutest dog on the planet yet? No! Well, now you have! My name is Laurel! If you look deep into my beautiful dark eyes, and touch my velvety soft, long ears, you will see that I am, in fact, the cutest dog on the planet. I'm just a pup still, I was born in July of 2022, so you will have lots of time to love me. Right now I weigh about 20 pounds, so I'm easy enough to pick up.

I was born with Straight Leg Syndrome. This means my muscles and joints in my back legs are weak and didn't form properly. I drag my back legs like a paralyzed dog, but I'm not actually paralyzed. Although, I do require some of the same care a paralyzed dog would. You'll have to make sure my back legs don't get sores on them, and you'll need to keep an eye out for any signs of a UTI. I'm incontinent, I don’t have control of when I need to go potty, it just comes out.

I'd get along quite well with children and I love to play with other dogs! I adore my humans and will follow them around everywhere. Some people call me disabled, but I call me imperfectly abled! Now, I have made it my mission to find my forever home with people of my very own to love me and care for me all the days of my life! Could it be you?

*Laurel is being fostered in Sturgeon Bay, WI

Albert's Dog Lounge is a specialty rescue focusing primarily on senior and special needs dogs.

Our process includes an approved application, reference checks, a homevisit, and then a meet and greet with the dog. Adoption fee is $300, ($550 for a pair). Learn more about Albert's Dog Lounge, our mission, and adoption policies by visiting Albertsdoglounge.org.

Begin your application process by copying this link into your web browser: https://www.albertsdoglounge.org/apply

WI Dept. Of Agriculture License Number: 474085-DS

Disclaimer: It is VERY difficult even for a veterinarian to tell the exact age of a dog over two years old. From one vet to another, we can get different age estimates on the same dog and they can vary by several years. We are only making an educated guess based on a few factors like teeth, fur color, and overall body condition, but for dogs who have not been given adequate vet care and food, it can be even more difficult. Every dog is an individual, and we do our very best to age appropriately but make no guarantees as to the age of any dog in our program.

Albertsdoglounge@gmail.com