Monty - wheelchair French Bulldog, paralyzed, express bladder - Mundelein, IL

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Monty - wheelchair French Bulldog, paralyzed, express bladder - Mundelein, IL

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/monty-69713788/il/mundelein/frenchies-united-rescue-ca3156/ wrote: Monty
French Bulldog Mundelein, IL

Young Male Medium

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Gentle, Playful, Funny

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats, children, other animals. all animals and children.

Adoption fee
$500.00

Meet Monty
Monty in Chicago is available!

Hi there! It’s me, Monty. I have some amazing news to share! My journey is one of resilience and hope! About two months ago, I was on the verge of being euthanized at the shelter due to my paralysis, but now I'm on a mission to find my FUR-ever home.

The most exciting thing about my time in foster care was getting my sweet new ride! I’ve been enjoying my time with the best foster family ever, who have been spoiling me with lots of snuggles, walks in my wheelchair, playtime with my furry siblings, and, of course, more snuggles.

I am a 2-year-old male, and you'll be happy to know that I'm a gentle soul. You won't find any aggression or destructiveness in me. I absolutely adore snuggles and attention. I love the company of other dogs, cats, and small children, and get along wonderfully with them.

One thing you'll quickly notice about me is that I'm quite vocal. If I have an opinion or something to say, I won't hesitate to let you know, making for some entertaining conversations!

I'm not a fan of being left alone, so my ideal FUR-ever home is one where I can be with my humans and furry friends. And I'll admit I can be a bit needy, and I thrive on the company of my humans. So, a home where someone is around most of the day would be a perfect fit for me. Thanks to my new wheelchair, I can get around a lot easier, but since I am paralyzed and incontinent, I do need to be expressed three times a day. So, I will need a patient human who can help me with that. Don’t worry, though, it’s easy and could even be done inside on a pee pad, and I also wear belly bands.

Think we would be a great match? If so, please click on the link in the bio to complete an adoption application! You could also help me find my FUR-ever home by sharing this with others who would be a perfect match.

frenchiesunitedrescue@gmail.com