Casper - blind Havanese X Poodle, wears halo - Sherwood, OR

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Casper - blind Havanese X Poodle, wears halo - Sherwood, OR

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/casper-69857149/or/sherwood/born-again-pit-bull-rescue-or243/ wrote: Casper
Havanese & Poodle Mix Sherwood, OR

Adult Male Small White / Cream

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Playful, Brave, Curious

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats, children.

Meet Casper
Casper

Male (has his neuter appointment on December 19th in Salem, Oregon)

4 years old

Poodle - Havanese type dog (non shedding)

26 pounds

Other dogs: Yes, I would be fine in a home as an only dog or with another dog that shows me patience and grace when I accidentally run into them.

Cats: yes, we think he would be fine with cats, but we have not tested him.

Kids: Yes, I love all people.

History: I came from the local shelter, Multnomah County Animal Services in Portland, Oregon. I ended up at the shelter as a stray and was there for a few weeks before I was transferred to a local rescue around October 15th.

?? Hi, I’m Casper! I’m no ghost, but I sure am friendly! I am blind, but brave, and I like to face the world head on! Because of that, I run into everything with full force, so I need my Halo to help keep me safe. (My halo helps me navigate the house and it comes with me). PS - I can walk up and down stairs in my foster home just fine.

? I LOVE humans! All humans, little and big. I have a big personality and want to be the center of attention and included in all family activities. I love hearing people talk and I don’t want to be in a quiet home, especially alone. I love to play with my toys, go for walks, jump on and off the couch, dance, and get belly scratches. Because I was likely born blind, I don’t know life any different so I feel like a regular pup! I know where I’m supposed to go potty and I sure know when it’s dinner time! I can get startled when I am touched and I don’t expect it so I would prefer to be around kids who are old enough to understand my condition. Once we understand each other, we will be best friends!

Casper is not a MexiMutt/BAPBR dog but we would love to help him find his forever home ASAP!

He available for adoption through the organization: Salem Dogs.

For more info, contact his foster mom: Lisa Burton or email: Lisa@BAPBR.org

Adoption fee $250.