Levi - small white paralyzed one-person dog - Whitewater, WI

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Levi - small white paralyzed one-person dog - Whitewater, WI

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/levi-70390514/wi/whitewater/alberts-dog-lounge-wi506/ wrote: Levi
Mixed Breed Whitewater, WI

Adult Male Small Black, White / Cream

About

Coat length
Short

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats.

Prefers a home without
Children.

Adoption fee
$300.00

Meet Levi
Meet Levi!

Hello, my name is Levi. I'm a grown adult and weigh about 16 pounds. I'm a pretty special little dude in that my back legs are partially paralyzed, so I'll need some little wraps or leg warmers on them so I don't get sores. I'm actually pretty special in other ways, too! My foster mom lovingly calls me Dr. Evil (a play off of my real name, Levi) because, like Dr. Evil in Austin Powers only likes Mini-Me, I'm just kind of a one person dog. Anyone else, I'll scream my head off at like Frau does, so I'd much rather just live with one person. I get along with other dogs quite well, and it is reported that I don't mind cats like Bigglesworth, but because of my screaming at other humans whom I haven't chosen to be mine, kiddos in my forever home aren't a really good idea. Though I haven't been potty trained, the good news is that I don't need bladder expressions. In my foster home, I wear a belly band so I don't make messes in the house. And lucky for you, I don't pee as much as Austin Powers does when he gets unfrozen. Actually, I may still be able to be potty trained, especially since I enjoy being outside so much, and would thoroughly enjoy a fenced yard to roam in, which would also help me keep the strength in my one good back leg.

Now, once I have my person, I'll be sweet as pie! I'll snuggle with them during some couch time-make sure blankets are involved. I'm a real character and will make my forever person laugh. I'm a really smart boy, but since my past included me being kept away from people, I'm a bit quirky, like Austin Powers, so I don't know how to interact with more than just my person. I need my forever person to be understanding of that, and make sure I'm kept safe if any other people are around. I'll need a quiet home, with not a lot of people coming in and out. If you're ready to make a commitment to me, I say let's meet and see where it goes! Maybe people will think of me like Goldmember (a crazed Dutchman who kidnaps Austin's father), and they'll view you as Austin's father! Just make sure you tell them you did this willingly!

Albert's Dog Lounge is a specialty rescue focusing primarily on senior and special needs dogs.

Our process includes an approved application, reference checks, a homevisit, and then a meet and greet with the dog. Adoption fee is $300, ($550 for a pair). Learn more about Albert's Dog Lounge, our mission, and adoption policies by visiting Albertsdoglounge.org.

Begin your application process by copying this link into your web browser: https://www.albertsdoglounge.org/apply

WI Dept. Of Agriculture License Number: 474085-DS

NOTE ABOUT AGING A DOG: Aging a dog, based on looking at them, is unreliable and usually inaccurate. We get to know each dog as an individual and will do our best to describe each of our dogs based on personality and their needs.

Puppy - Under 6 months
Young Adult - 6 months to 2 years
Adult - 2 years to 8 years
Senior - 8 years to 12 years
Golden Oldie - 12+ years

Albertsdoglounge@gmail.com